Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

parts list needed for l36 impala to l32 gen v m90 top swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 07:47 PM
Default parts list needed for l36 impala to l32 gen v m90 top swap

I have a 2003 impala ls 3.8 and have gotten my hands on a l32 gen v m90 supercharger. also have the gen v throttle body adapter, aside from the harmonic balancer and heads (supposedly) which parts do I need, my goal is to keep the engine as quiet and cold as possible while adding HP. for my trans I have the pioneer trans master kit

Thanks

Old 04-30-2020, 09:40 PM

You need everything else on the 2nd belt circuit- idler, tensioner, etc. Then if you've got the supercharged heads you'll need everything else above them - LIM, injectors, rails, etc.

The other thing you're going to have to think about is what you're doing to do to reduce knock. Even a stock pulley is going to take some mods to run knock free on a NA bottom end.

heads (supposedly)

Not sure what you mean by this, but they are required. The only way around it is with ZZP's horrendously expensive modded LIM / SSM90 setup.

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 05-01-2020 at 08:33 AM.
Old 05-03-2020, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
You need everything else on the 2nd belt circuit- idler, tensioner, etc. Then if you've got the supercharged heads you'll need everything else above them - LIM, injectors, rails, etc.

The other thing you're going to have to think about is what you're doing to do to reduce knock. Even a stock pulley is going to take some mods to run knock free on a NA bottom end.

Not sure what you mean by this, but they are required. The only way around it is with ZZP's horrendously expensive modded LIM / SSM90 setup.

wasn't doubting the need for the supercharged heads I was saying this primarily because I ordered a new set of heads (gm3806) and another . and when searching for the l32 heads on rockauto it seemed the be the same parts.

Also would you please provide the remaining parts needed, ive done tons of research but it is usually l36 to l67 swap.

I also have (aside from blower, tb adapter, belt tensioner):
supercharger bypass filter (21913)
fuel injector (mp10661) was told to get Marlboro 455,450 from mechanic
supercharger coupling (917022)
intake plenum gasket (ms96789)
intake manifold gasket (ms959771)
cylinder head gaskets (9089PT)
fuel injector seal / o ring (es70599)
idler pulley (38009)
belt drive component kit (tensioner , belt) (90k38271)
fuel filter (f65717)
supercharger bypass solenoid / valve (u44001)

ive done research and seems I need
ACDELCO 12593195
AACDELCO 10469468

much thanks and props

Old 05-03-2020, 02:36 PM

Sorry, I dont have a list that specifies part numbers. TBH, I've never seen anyone do it like that - buy each part brand new individually. Everyone just goes to a junkyard and strips off all the hard parts needed, then just buys replacement gaskets. Seems like this way would be far more expensive.

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 05-03-2020 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-03-2020, 03:04 PM

its cool if you cant find PN atleast the names and or brands would work. and I want all my things new if possible the only thing I couldn't get new was the blower. the price doesn't really matter in my case.

Old 05-04-2020, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by sg delco
its cool if you cant find PN atleast the names and or brands would work.
I could list many of the parts, but wont really have any brands. They're just GM OEM parts. Some you may be able to get aftermarket, some you may have to go to a dealer if they even still carry it as these cars havent been made in a decade.

I wouldnt get too caught up in 'L32' top swap, that's not really a thing. You're just doing a top swap, but it happens to be with a gen 5 blower (which adds it's own complications that I'm sure you're aware of). Just dont want you to get confused and go pick up L32 TB, injectors, or fuel rail or you're going to cause yourself even more headaches.

Parts I can think of off the top of my head:

Belt side:
-Balancer
-lower idler
-tower for lower idler
-coil pack bracket (ideally with ICM and coil packs as the coils are different)
-idler for coil pack bracket
-tensioner for coil pack bracket
-supercharger belt

Top side:
-heads
-lower intake
-blower
-BBV
-BBV solenoid
-fuel rail
-injectors
-TB
-map sensor w/ bracket
-vacuum T / line
-valve covers
-engine bay wire harness or aftermarket top swap adapter

Lastly, if you aren't getting parts from a donor car, theres a ton of bolts (50+?) that you'll need to source also to complete this. No idea how you're going to get the GM part numbers for all of these.

and I want all my things new if possible the only thing I couldn't get new was the blower. the price doesn't really matter in my case.
Any particular reason why? Besides the gaskets obviously, the blower is about the only part that would be nice to actually be brand new; with a few exceptions the rest of the stuff doesn't really go bad.

The big benefit of the top swap is bang for the buck as they can be done so cheap with readily available junkyard parts. If you're going to end up dropping a grand or two on all brand new stuff, you may as well have just slapped a turbo kit on your stock engine (and would make a lot more power too).

If you're really dead set on all new and dont care what it costs, you could always just walk into a GM dealer with your credit card and let it rip. Still may need to source a few things on your own, but at least theyll have the majority of the PNs.

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 05-04-2020 at 12:59 PM.