Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

NOS INSTALL AND ACC...

Old 07-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Default NOS INSTALL AND ACC...

Ok folks,

Soon I will be having a 75 shot of NOS installed on my 01 SS. I know there is some debate weather or not this is safe...That aside, I plan on having the switch to arm the system the switch for the bottle warmer and the switch to the bottle valve opener and the switch for the purge installed in a custom aluminum plate with the nitrous gauge....

I want to include another gauge in this plate, however I dont want a useless gauge...Any suggestions on what i should add in there, Im looking for something that didnt come on the car and im looking for somthing that will help me out with keeping an eye on my 3800s vitals....

Please the more insight the better, everyone speak up

Old 07-03-2007, 11:09 PM
Default RE: NOS INSTALL AND ACC...

the most important gauge to have is an O2 sensor ( Air Fuel gauge)
you can have one that taps into the stock sensor, but they arent that accurate....

i would recomend getting a wide band O2 sensor and gauge. that will let you know if your runing rich or lean and help protect yourself from toasting the motor.... i hope your doing a wet nos system... the prob with dry systems is that you will either run majoryly rich when your not runing the nos or you will be lean when the nos is on. wet is the only way to get the correct airfuel ratio and protect the motor.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:30 AM

Ditto on Z34's comments!

FYI a "wet" kit means that the nitrous system is automatically designed to throw nitrous, and extra fuel into the engine when activated, so that you always have the proper mix.

I remember seeing a very expensive gauge... Cant remember the manufacturer (may have been autometer?) but it had a system that measured performance just like those g-force gauges that give you 1/4 mile, maximum sustained G-forces, 0-60 times, approx hp, etc. That would be cool, but wouldnt give you as much overall useage as something like a air/fuel mix gauge.

If you haven't already I would look into a trans flush, and replace the fluid with something of a higher quality. ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, especially when it comes to the transmission!

Oh, and please,GET A PIC OF THE PURGE VALVE WHILE PURGING! I'm sorry, I can help but get giddy when I see a vehicle on the funny gas use the purge valve. I swear if I had a nitrous kit with a purge valve I'd be using more nitrous through the purge valve than I would through the engine!

Old 07-04-2007, 09:05 AM

I agree! Purging is awesome! Check out this website of this guy that vamped up his purge kit!

http://www.scottwinger.com/nitrous.html

haha, sorry, off subject, but sooo cool!

Old 07-04-2007, 09:25 AM

Keegan, Thanks for posting that link,
it has a lot of infor, and I love seeing
a car/truck purge : )
That would `Freak me if the above
car pulled next 2 me at a light : )

Old 07-07-2007, 05:10 PM

I apprecaite you guys sharing my excitement for the idea...Alot of people are nay saying me and to be honest Im a big boy and know the pros and cons....Thanks for raw excitement....

The idea of pulling up next to a cobra and blowing his doors off makes my day...

And there will be a nice purge kit....i promise to get pictures as soon as the project is done...

Old 07-07-2007, 05:13 PM

Actually, once you get done, please do post alot of pics. I am considering getting a dry nitrous system for my monte with a purge kit also. I would like to see how nice that turned out and if it was easily installed.

Old 07-07-2007, 05:49 PM

well,

The thing is the install is very easy and fairly quick...The problem is that on our cars you need to have the computer tuned to work with the spray....Aside from that you should completely remove your cat... i also plan to get a new torque converter from B&M. My plan is to have plenty of line pressure in my trans to keep from blowing up my tranny...

I would like to get the power to the ground so i have already ordered a set of drag radials for the front...