Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

motor mount...im lost

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 08:47 PM
Default RE: motor mount...im lost

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center][/align][align=center]I was home-schooled & didn't get 2 take Auto Mechanic's 101,[/align][align=center]but I'm sure learning a lot on the MCF.[/align]
Well I wasn't home schooled but our school didn't offer Auto shop. Just some basic machine shop courses to teach general welding, foundery, and mill/lathe use.

Most of the stuff I learned was off my old Pontiac Fiero when I was too poor to bring into a shop or I new I was being taken. Once I was quoted 2 days and $1000 to change an alternator in the Fiero. They said they needed to drop the engine, lift the body off, change the alternator and reverse the process.

My dad picked up the alternator for $45 and after about 2 hours of playing around I had it replaced. Just needed to remove a motor mount and take off the distributor cap for clearance... then wiggle the alternator a bit. $955 back in my pocket. =D

Old 07-01-2007, 08:16 PM

Imma have to look into this... Harder launches rule! Think if I ever to find a local strip with a test and tune day that's not this WINTER I'll have to do a time without the flip, and then with the flip.

I don't mine a bit of NVH, if it improves performance!

Old 09-23-2007, 05:28 PM

Ok, where do you get poly mounts? I've searched all over and can't find em..

I've flipped the stockers.. and it's very nice, but I'm thinking I want the poly's...

Old 09-23-2007, 06:36 PM

are you running FWD? do your mounts look like this they do on our older FWDs?

Old 09-23-2007, 06:39 PM

IF they are, then these should suffice:

Motor Mounts

Lemme know if that helps..

Also, a little writeup can be found here:

http://www.3800performance.com/msp_tbv2_mm_install1.htm

Old 09-23-2007, 09:32 PM

dammit mike u stole my idea haha, yeah i put solid polys in front of mine and oh hell yeah its a mega difference, u shoulda told me u wanted a set i know where to get em...

Old 09-23-2007, 09:32 PM

I've got a set of the 3800performance mounts myself and they work great. Not to stiff and not to soft.

3800p has the best balance for comfort and performance.
Intense is the next best mix.
ZZP has the stiffist but the best for performance.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:53 AM

I thought they were all the same stiffness? I kind of want ultra stiff, to prevent my TOG downpipe from wearing too much...

Maybe ZZP is the way to go then...

Old 09-24-2007, 12:41 PM

They all use different Poly manufacturers and this is just what I have heard from different boards. Some would complain that ZZP's are too stiff and then try the other 2 or vice versa, but that seems to be the running order. The ZZP's pretty much tighten the engine down very well, but you get one heck of a vibration in the steering column when in idle.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:47 PM

I also read that today on a post, that you get a lot of vibration in the steering wheel column no matter who you go with, esp with ZZP.

Regardless, they seem like they are going to be a great upgrade!

Quick Reply: motor mount...im lost