Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Monte Carlo Lt

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 06:31 PM

i had 16inch 225,the new ones are 235 16 inch
Weight shouldn't be that different between 10mm extra each tire. I can't imagine we're talking more than 1 extra pound of mass for that. Granted its rotating mass, but I still find it very hard to believe that it makes a massively noticeable difference. I mean, I could see if this was a race car that you ran every weekend at the track- maybe you'd notice a slight difference in lap times for that minor of a change, but out in the world of normal driving, I just don't see it making a difference.

even though its at the respected psi of 44,,it still looks flat
Why do you have it inflated so high? I can't imagine the car calls for more than 35# (check the owners manual or door jamb- not the side of the tire, since that is only the max pressure). I'm sure part of your harsh ride is due to your over inflated tires. Also doesn't matter what the tires look like- modern radial tires may look like they're low (especially up front under the engine)- but trust me, they'll perform correctly at a properly set air pressure.

i admit my other pair of tires were really,really,,,really worn out from all the burnouts i did, 5-7 a day
Maybe your suspension, engine, and transmission are just worn out from the massive amount of abuse you're putting them through?

Old 06-03-2011, 10:15 AM
1 Year Member

i would be very interested in your v8 Sir,,,very.. as for the tires they werent properly put in and the alignment was off,, 0.43c front left, -0.63c front right, drove around all morning and the difference is obvious and i blew less gass then normal,,sadly had to put the plate back on the exhaust cutout. happy summer Duderino

Old 06-03-2011, 03:23 PM

well like i said ill be posting it when im ready to sell it early next year. of course there will be the token demod sale unless someone wants to buy it with everything. on the fuel mileage thing, over inflating the tires that much i can see it getting better mileage. i wonder how much pressure it can take before it blows? especially on the front doing numerous burnouts in summer. you would think the alignment would have been off with the old tires too. i mean you just changed tires right? should only have needed a balance, and thats it. perhaps a wheel is bent?

Old 06-14-2011, 04:50 PM
1 Year Member

well today i was cleaning the car and was wrapping some plastic bags around the engine to ready it up wen i noticed my throttle body/ air intake tube was loose on the bottom, i unscrewed it,checked for any blockages and wiped around the edges and just for fun i started the car and right away i noticed it sounded like before..
its hard to describe, obviously with the only change i did recently was the tires, i figured the loss of gas more then usualy to that to blame,,but acceleration was harder,the pedal felt very loose even though its tight,,wen accelerating say trying to pass someone,,even though my foot was on the pedal it was like i let it go,,
i drove around normal for 10mins, slow turns and then went on the highway and all the problems did not apppear again,,i do hope that was the issue, my code reader never showed any faults.
wen i got back from the test drive i checked the tube again and was still in the same place, so i honeslty do not know how it came to be loose in the 1st place,thinking of it now i shouldve taken a photo of it. but i am going to leave everything as is.
so tonight going to work and coming back i`ll see if my gas gobbles up as it did before it will go back to normal, a normal fill up on my v6 is 1 and half week,,these past 3 weeks i gased up 5times..so yes,,im more then dead broke,
i thank all of the people who posted comments,hints,their opnions as i did look up on all of what you mentioned. the garage found only at fault my alignment and all the other tests came out normal, maybe it was the tube.
Duderino

Old 06-14-2011, 05:00 PM
1 Year Member

btw i forgot to mention,,wen you were showing me what i needed for the supercharger parts,,on ebay i came upon a 5.3L v8 from an impala for 700$,,,grrrrr,,,i spent all afternoon looking up the engine swap,,
Duderino