Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

MagnaFlow or DynoMax Super Turbo?

Old 06-03-2005, 06:11 PM
Default MagnaFlow or DynoMax Super Turbo?

Well, I was gonna go w/the Flowmaster 50 series, but after listening to various sound clips, it doesn't sound like what I want. I called to nearly all of the muffler shops here in town who sell various brands of mufflers and the overwhelming favortie for my car was MagnaFlow, a few even suggested DynoMax Super Turbo. When I told them (lack of)sound was more important than performance, this is what they suggested. Can anyone comment on how these mufflers sound on the Monte? I talked to the shop owner I got my exhaust done at and he assured me they would do whatever it took to make me happy w/my product and their service and at no extra cost to me. Thanks in advance!

Old 06-03-2005, 06:47 PM
Default RE: MagnaFlow or DynoMax Super Turbo?

send me yours and i will cut mine off and send them to ya they are the stockers for the ss

but magna fows are made from the same company as the flow masters. they sound good.

Cant remeber all of the brands they make but they come out of the plant in Seward Ne. and they make several diffrent brands all of them are the same just a diffrent box but all were verry good

Old 06-03-2005, 11:47 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

send me yours and i will cut mine off and send them to ya they are the stockers for the ss

but magna fows are made from the same company as the flow masters. they sound good.

Cant remeber all of the brands they make but they come out of the plant in Seward Ne. and they make several diffrent brands all of them are the same just a diffrent box but all were verry good
Hmm, let me think about that...........NO!

I disagree about them all being the same though. Flowmasters are chambered mufflers w/baffles that create that sound, while MagnaFlows are a straight through design with a lazy S tube down the middle which creates less sound.

Old 06-04-2005, 08:30 AM

i didnt say they were identical i said they were made by the same company. If i can remneber the name f the company i will let you know i used to hual a truck load out of the afactory every three weeks for years. belive me when i tell you that some things are not as it seems to the public eyes. there are alot of things like this. look at the information on the box if they are from the same city and the same addresse they are the same place welding them ..
etheir way it cme down to you beliving what you want. so feel free to do just that

Old 06-04-2005, 11:17 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey
i didnt say they were identical i said they were made by the same company.
ahahahahahaha

what you said was " but magnaflows are made from the same company as the flow masters, I cant remeber all of the brands they make but they come out of the plant in Seward Ne., all of them are the same just a diffrent box."

And I'll leave it at that