Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

DynoMax Super Turbo's, what a difference!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Default DynoMax Super Turbo's, what a difference!!!

I got up bright and early this morning to go let the boys rectify my exhaust problem. When I pulled up onto the rack and got out, they said "that's loud?" And being the smart azz I am, I said "well, most exhausts normally are relatively quiet at low rpm right? You should hear it under slight acceleration on the surface streets, it's louder than a redhead in the bed." They liked that one. So anyway, I was talking to the shop mgr who insisted that MagnaFlow is identical to the Aero-Turbine's, which shot his credibility cause I have heard MagnaFlows before, I had on my Accord, and it sounded nothing like the crap the Aero-Turbine's were putting out. So then I ask about the DynoMax Super Turbo and they kinda look at each other, shruggin' their shoulders and said "well, it MIGHT be a little bit quieter, but you have duals so it's gonna be a little louder than if you had just one." I had em slap em on for me and man, night and day difference!!! The sound is much more mellow, it's got a beautiful tone to it, pretty quiet, yet noticeable at the same time. When I started it up it had a nice rumble, but at idle it's almost unnoticeable. Under slight acceleration it can be heard, but it's still quiet. At freeway speed w/the windows up and music off, I had to really listen for it to try to hear it. It gives off a very mellow exhuast note, yet makes the V6 sound a little more intimidating. Now i'm a happy camper!!

Old 06-05-2005, 12:34 AM
Default RE: DynoMax Super Turbo's, what a difference!!!

Cool, glad to hear you got what you wanted.. Did you keep the same tips?

Does it look much different?

TVW

Old 06-05-2005, 12:36 AM

ORIGINAL: tvanwinklehome

Cool, glad to hear you got what you wanted.. Did you keep the same tips?

Does it look much different?

TVW
Yeah, same tips, I love em. You can't tell a difference until you look under the car and see the aluminized muffler, they don't look as pretty as the Aero-Turbines did being polished and all, but they sound soooo much better.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:11 PM

Now just my personal taste I guess, but I like my Monte LOUD AS F*CK. Though the SLP Loudmouth I have is deffinitely not quiet, it's just not as loud as I want it to be. I want my b*tch to set off alarms and sh*t. Any suggestions?

Old 06-29-2005, 10:41 PM

ORIGINAL: SoCalSS

Now just my personal taste I guess, but I like my Monte LOUD AS F*CK. Though the SLP Loudmouth I have is deffinitely not quiet, it's just not as loud as I want it to be. I want my b*tch to set off alarms and sh*t. Any suggestions?
headers, hi flow cat, u-bend delete, exhaust cut-out, no resonator and Flowmaster 40 series. If that ain't loud enough, drop in a 350 crate motor and call it a day

Old 06-30-2005, 03:36 AM

Who makes a good u-bend delete? And what do you guys think about hollowing out my cat? Sure it pretty much deems the thing useless, but it make a hell of a differene huh?

Old 06-30-2005, 04:58 AM

ORIGINAL: SoCalSS

Who makes a good u-bend delete? And what do you guys think about hollowing out my cat? Sure it pretty much deems the thing useless, but it make a hell of a differene huh?
www.pfyc.com makes one, I believe. I don't know that the cat thing by itself will make your exhaust louder, but it sure won't make it any quieter.

Old 06-30-2005, 01:02 PM

You can buy one from PFYC or I think ZZP has it as well. You will save some $$$ by having your local muffler shop make one though...

I'd be willing to bet it would make a huge difference if you were to gut your CAT.

TVW

Old 06-30-2005, 05:29 PM

ORIGINAL: tvanwinklehome

I'd be willing to bet it would make a huge difference if you were to gut your CAT.
In sound, flow or both?

Old 06-30-2005, 11:30 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of flow, but i wouldn't be surprised if it made some sound difference as well.

Quick Reply: DynoMax Super Turbo's, what a difference!!!