Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

a little advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 09:17 AM
Default a little advice

Ok so I'm a little new to forums nd even more workin on cars but just wanted some advice I have a 03 monte carlo 3.4l, nd I wanted to make her go faster I thought about getting a supercharger. what do you guys think what should I do first and foremost

Old 09-17-2013, 09:24 AM
Default I need speed, nd louder exhaust

What do think I should do to her I have 3.4l so its not even the ss and Im aware of that but I want to make her faster, and sound meaner, and suggestions? ?

Old 09-17-2013, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by 03montemonte
Ok so I'm a little new to forums nd even more workin on cars but just wanted some advice I have a 03 monte carlo 3.4l, nd I wanted to make her go faster I thought about getting a supercharger. what do you guys think what should I do first and foremost

Hi 03montemonte, (no name in your profile ),
How many miles on your 3.4L ?

Is everything else in top condition ? (tires/brakes/shocks/tune up/trans serviced/ etc)

What is the condition of your exterior/interior/ ?
How would you rate your Monte on a 1 to 10 as it is now ?

All Chevy engines are good `if they are maintained, but the 3.4L has limited mod's. They can be improved, but my suggestion is that instead of going for a supercharger on a 3.4L > I'd look for a good deal on a SuperCharged 3.8L and try to make a trade/deal ?

Just my advice > Your Choice..
Check back to see what our other member's suggest > Advise > Good Luck from `Space

Old 09-17-2013, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Space

Hi 03montemonte, (no name in your profile ),
How many miles on your 3.4L ?

Is everything else in top condition ? (tires/brakes/shocks/tune up/trans serviced/ etc)

What is the condition of your exterior/interior/ ?
How would you rate your Monte on a 1 to 10 as it is now ?

All Chevy engines are good `if they are maintained, but the 3.4L has limited mod's. They can be improved, but my suggestion is that instead of going for a supercharger on a 3.4L > I'd look for a good deal on a SuperCharged 3.8L and try to make a trade/deal ?

Just my advice > Your Choice..
Check back to see what our other member's suggest > Advise > Good Luck from `Space
Its 100k on the dot I need to change my brake pads soon other then tht insides are like 9 exterior like a high 7 few scratches nd ya I thought bout it jusr don't kno where I should go lookin

Old 09-17-2013, 10:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Finding a supercharger for a 3.4 is going to be quite difficult, there isn't a lot of aftermarket parts for the 3400.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:19 AM

My suggestion is to Explore the MCF & you will learn a lot about the Chevy Monte Carlo...

Just pick the thread topic of interest & explore + use our MCF Forum's search engine @ the top center of every page...Type in the topic that you want to explore...

Also, keep checking back on your thread to see what other member's suggest ?

What is your Mod Budget ? How much can you invest in your Monte ?

You have to consider that your Monte is over 10 years old & counting...Turbo's & Supercharger can put more stress on an engine & it should be in top condition b-4 you decide to modify 4-Sure...
Just something to think about.. It's your Monte & your $'s...
Thanks for your reply & Good Luck on getting your Monte the way you want it to `be....Oh, start by getting good Brakes (LOL)

It's fun to go fast, but it's better to be able to Stop also

Old 09-17-2013, 10:20 AM

Swap be worth it either?

Old 09-17-2013, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by 03montemonte
Swap be worth it either?

Do you have the knowledge, garage, tools & abilities to do the work yourself ? The professional install can be very expensive...
I think `if you want more power ?, I'd consider selling or trading your Monte for a one with the 3.8L or 3.8L SuperCharged or a 06-07 Monte with a V8 or older model gen Monte with RWD & a V8 ?

It all comes down 2 what you want & what you can afford

Old 09-17-2013, 12:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Most 3400 mods you will find in the N-body community (as that is the biggest factory engine offered to them). There are some things you can do, depends how wide you can open your wallet.
You stand a better chance at turbo charging then supercharging (super chargers for the 3400 are rare, some have done some custom fab work to make one).

On the cheap, I would suggest:
- L67 Coil Packs
- High flow cat
- Cold Air Intake
- Consider upgrading to a dual muffler exhaust (that's basically "show", more then "go")
- Getting a good tune can also help a LOT. Improve shift points and shift pressures, tweaks to the tables controlling your horse power.

If you want to go crazier and have a bigger budget, you may want to consider these guys (they are known more to the 3400 community then the 3800):
Milzy Motorsports

Old 09-18-2013, 09:21 AM

Well Im willing to open my wallet *** wide is I need to, but ill prolly get a ss instead so I have a better starting point then where I'm at right now

Quick Reply: a little advice