Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

LIM & UIM Gasket leaks 03 Monte Carlo SS non supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Default LIM & UIM Gasket leaks 03 Monte Carlo SS non supercharged

Hello everyone i have an 03 SS L36 & My gaskets for the UIM, LIM ,& valve cover gasket seemed to have failed (I know GM decided to make plastic parts for the UIM). . But Before I say anything else I just wanted to say that I been wanting to add the ZZP SS M90 supercharger kit, will adding the kit solve any of those problems in the process?

Old 03-09-2014, 04:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Don't waste all the money on the zzp ssm90 kit. The only gasket it will fix is the uim anyway. The ssm90 kit is nice but upgrade options on that kit are limited. If you want to supercharge it just do a top swap. A top swap is basically taking your current engine and removing uim,lim,heads and installing heads Lim and sc off of a factory sc engine. This will replace all them gaskets and make nodding the car further a lot easier. There is other things needed to do a top swap as well but all the parts can come from the donor car these parts came from. Other parts would be throttle body, fuel rails, crank pulley, idler and tensioner for the sc belt, coil pack bracket, some wiring. Google top swap for further info on this.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:02 PM

I really don't have intentions on Turning My V6 into a animal I Mainly just want to fix these gasket issues while adding a SC in the process, is the top swap really the best way for me to go? Maby sometime down the road add a K&N intake an possibly a performance chip (but that's it). .will The M90 kit stop me from doing just that? & i think The M90 kit comes Series 3 headers ?

Old 03-10-2014, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member

Rye me kit will limit pulley drops etc. A top swap is way cheaper and easier to mod. And as I said above a ssm90 kit will not replace the gaskets you want to replace. How ever a top swap will replace head gaskets, lim gaskets, vc gaskets, and a new sc gasket.

In my eyes the top swap is the only way to go

Old 03-10-2014, 10:07 PM

The hard part about the top Swap will most likely be actually finding the doner , but I guess I better start looking this Coolant and oil doesn't mix well. . But thanks for your help I appreciate it

Old 03-10-2014, 11:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Chevy Kid
The hard part about the top Swap will most likely be actually finding the doner , but I guess I better start looking this Coolant and oil doesn't mix well. . But thanks for your help I appreciate it
You need to do LIM gaskets ASAP. You dont have time to look for the donor car. You will damage the engine beyond repair if you keep running it that way. If it a not your DD then dont drive it. Otherwise, repair it asap. Top swap is a time consuming process.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member

^^ Very true

Old 03-11-2014, 12:21 AM

I sell topswap kits

Old 03-11-2014, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
You need to do LIM gaskets ASAP. You dont have time to look for the donor car. You will damage the engine beyond repair if you keep running it that way. If it a not your DD then dont drive it. Otherwise, repair it asap. Top swap is a time consuming process.
Yes sir ill take care of it Imidtately

Old 03-11-2014, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by l67ss
I sell topswap kits
Ill buy just how do i know ill get what i paid for?

Quick Reply: LIM & UIM Gasket leaks 03 Monte Carlo SS non supercharged