Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Default Issues

2001 LS

Alright just got my monte...Now i find an issue....If i am idleing at a stop light or just sitting there....and say i go to adjust my power seats or turn the heated seats on....The battery light shows up on the dash....and then all my lights dim...As soon as I acclarate everything comes back to normail....This is a bummer anyone else seen or heard of this issue...Besides this i get the low tire perssure..light...but havent had a chance to get to a gas station yet : )

Juice James

And this can go on top of being suspended from Xbox Live for a week...That's cool!!!!!!!!![:@]

Old 02-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Default RE: Issues

Take your car to Auto Zone. Alternator may be dying, they can throw it on the machine for free.

If it is alright, have them test your battery, may have a bad cell.

Third thing, if both of those test okay, go to ZZP and click on wiring harnesses, and buy the 14 dollar Alternator Rewire, to give all of your power stuff an extra boost. =)

Old 02-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz

Take your car to Auto Zone. Alternator may be dying, they can throw it on the machine for free.

If it is alright, have them test your battery, may have a bad cell.

Third thing, if both of those test okay, go to ZZP and click on wiring harnesses, and buy the 14 dollar Alternator Rewire, to give all of your power stuff an extra boost. =)
x2, I know I just replaced my battery last year in my 01. seems to be the norm for them to last 6 or 7 years. But my second guess was alt.

EDIT: also, just a question, have you recently added any audio equipment? new HU, subs, amp etc?

Old 02-26-2008, 01:06 PM

Nope havent added anything yet....wanted to have the car for about a month first to make sure things like this are ok before installing other stuff

Old 02-26-2008, 01:18 PM

boy97 what % is that on your windows?

Old 02-26-2008, 02:07 PM

If the car has been outside in the cold, ... even though the Battery is "Young" ... it's still affected by the cold and probably needs to be charged for a few hours on a High-Amp Automotive Battery Charger.

If the Battery is sealed ... just Charge it. If you have access to add fluid ... top-up each compartment with Distilled Water, covering all the Plates before re-capping the Battery and hooking-up the Charger.

Putting your Battery on a Charger and not relying on the Alternator to keep it charged-up while running is a preventative maintenance function not always mentioned in workshop manuals or Owners Manuals.

But, you still haave to know if the Alternator is putting-out the required Voltage when the Engine is running and off-idle. You can measure the Voltage yourself with a MultiMeter of bring-in your alternator for a Bench Test. The Bench Test will let you know right away!

Old 02-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: JuiceJames

Nope havent added anything yet....wanted to have the car for about a month first to make sure things like this are ok before installing other stuff
35%, but I think the pic in my sig might be a little misleading, they aren't as dark as it appears in the pic.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:42 PM

35%, but I think the pic in my sig might be a little misleading, they aren't as dark as it appears in the pic.
I agree. mine are the same.. they look alot darker in pics... and you can still see in mine quite well.. and not to be off topic, but for some reason I really like the white letters facing outward on your car. Something about it makes it look great.

Sorry for being off topic, but have you seen those "Nascar" yellow letter tires?

Old 02-26-2008, 03:43 PM

I plan on getting mine tinted...It looks like we have the same car. But here in Wisconsin the law is only 50% on the driver and passenger side windows.....What i think sucks!!! but i am thinking about doing 35-40% anyway....I dont know we will see

I am going to get my alternator tested and check that battery tomorrow....It still runs alright...And i will get some pic's up of my ride i hope this weekend!

Juice

Old 02-26-2008, 07:09 PM

hey, where are you at in wisconsin? I lived up in northwest wisconsin for 18+ years, and have learned one thing about tint in wisconsin. even though you can only legally go to 50% tint, there is no restriction on the reflectivity level! You can make your windows reflect more, so, less they see inside and (possibly) the better you car will look!

http://www.tintlaws.com/laws/WI/

;-)

Quick Reply: Issues