Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Help?!

Old 03-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Default Help?!

Hey guys, i jus bought my intimidator about 3 months ago and love the car. The other day i noticed that when i first start the car it kind of hesitates for about 10 to 15 seconds and then disappears. Doesnt always do this. Normally just when the car is already warmed up. I was wondering if anyone has had similar problems or any solutions. Also the motor just started a ticking sound on the top of the motor. I know ive read about several ppl with the same problem and said it could be a stuck lifter. Is there any solutions to this without having to change the lifters. Lucas Oil treatmeant?

Old 03-05-2011, 03:34 PM

Hi Mike & Welcome to the Monte Carlo Forum ?

How many miles on your Monte Carlo ?
Do you know how your Monte was serviced in the past ?
Do you have past service records ?

Check back on your thread question/problems & hopefully one of our expert tech/experienced member's will post with some help/assistance...Good Luck 4-Sure

Have you ever used SeaFoam ? I've used it in several vehicles, and it does wonders...Check it out...while we wait 4 one of our expert tech's 2 read your thread....

Sea Foam | Home

Sea Foam Products - the Choice of Mechanics for over 50 years. ... This has ensured that Sea Foam can continue to offer the safest, most effective and ...
How to Use - Where to Buy? - How to Use Our Products - Products
www.seafoamsales.com/ - Cached - Similar

Old 03-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

BG makes some good products also that you just add to your oil or gas

Old 03-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

How many miles on the car? Could need to clean a few things, like the TPS or MAF Air screen. Any back fires or missing when operating on the road??

Old 03-08-2011, 07:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I wouldn't think you need the clean the air screen for the MAF, but the actual sensor itself. Especially if it is happening on a warm start.

You would need a Torx T-20 Security bit to remove the MAF and ONLY use MAF cleaner. I would be iffy about using Seafoam on the supercharged motor as if you use it wrong you could strip the coating off your rotors.

Have you changed your supercharger oil ever?? That is a piece of maintenance that you should do. Make sure the correct weight of oil and the amount of oil is also correct if you hear the ticking.