Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

GXP paddle shifters in a Monte Carlo SS

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 11:37 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think is has been discussed at ls1tech...i was under the impression the gxp tranny had something else in it allowing for the paddles... Not to mention the transmission computer would be different

Old 10-21-2013, 11:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
I think is has been discussed at ls1tech...i was under the impression the gxp tranny had something else in it allowing for the paddles... Not to mention the transmission computer would be different
That's whati thought mechanically diferent. But there is a possibility the paddle shifters just send the sommand to the pcm to send to the transmission to shift. Could you post a link to help our friend?

Old 10-21-2013, 12:10 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
From what iv read its a electronic overide. I didn't realize the transmissions had theur iwn dedicated computer. That would need rplaced or reprogramed too.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:42 PM
1 Year Member

Sounds like it may be a bigger pain then it's worth. I'll keep trying to do some research as well. It was just some crazy thing that popped up into my head. Not a must have mod or anything like that lol.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:12 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by iMuf
Sounds like it may be a bigger pain then it's worth. I'll keep trying to do some research as well. It was just some crazy thing that popped up into my head. Not a must have mod or anything like that lol.
Yeah it made me have the crazy idea too hook up a wap panel that constantly monitors the obd2 as well as transmission temp and maf and O2 data. Just for fun. Haha.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:23 PM

too much work imo, lol. Paddel shifters would be sexy on a MC though, ive been thinking about gxps..I wanted one before my monte ss incase I had a kid, i would still beat out most of the cars on the road AND have my 4 door without trouble of removing a car seat...but my MC is big enough, idc, my gf has a 4 door so blah ;P lol

Old 10-21-2013, 01:42 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Hiroska
too much work imo, lol. Paddel shifters would be sexy on a MC though, ive been thinking about gxps..I wanted one before my monte ss incase I had a kid, i would still beat out most of the cars on the road AND have my 4 door without trouble of removing a car seat...but my MC is big enough, idc, my gf has a 4 door so blah ;P lol
My monte fits my nephews car seats better than my brothers grand prix WT (wide track editon)

Old 10-21-2013, 01:45 PM

Yeah, its just the pain of raising up nd down the seats, I hate abusing my baby like that . Id go buy car seat covers !

Old 10-21-2013, 01:54 PM
1 Year Member

Here's another crazy idea, does anyone know if the GXP heads up display would work in the 06 Monte? I feel like I read something on it before, I just can't seem to find it.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:54 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Hiroska
Yeah, its just the pain of raising up nd down the seats, I hate abusing my baby like that . Id go buy car seat covers !
Only done it twice and I made sure to give her a healthy leather treatment both times afterwards. The children are more of the abuse to the car unfortunatley.

Quick Reply: GXP paddle shifters in a Monte Carlo SS