Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Getting the gunk out

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 04:28 AM
Default RE: Getting the gunk out

Having trouble posting for some reason. Maybe it's fixed now.

Anyway,
I did replaced the intake not too long ago. Seems a hole burned through it and I had some major leakage of fluid like you describe above. I've changed the oil since, but there seems to be some gunk in it still.
I used some seafoam in the crankcase. I'll post some results of how well it cleaned it up if I ever get the car running agian.
I've been having some big issues with the car. Everything seems to be going at once with it. I replaced the MAF, had the CAT checked to see if it was plugged, and now the starter is clicking rapidly. It's a nightmare. I'm throwing a MAF code, system running too lean, and a p0134 code.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:45 PM

I think a p0134 is an 02 sensor but I'm NOT sure at all...Are you sure its the starter or is it the battery? I mean with the miles on the car things will go wrong. It sucks that it is all at once though. I understand that. I believe the code is for the 02 sensor on the back side of the motor coming off from the manifold. Not the sensor on the back side of the cat. Keep us updated.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:18 AM

Thanks for the last post. I charged the batt and it starts right up. It won't hold a charge long so I'm going to get new battery today. Thanks. You rule!

I did find a post last night where someone describes the same problem I'm having with my car.
https://montecarloforum.com/m_89792/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm
The car is running really lean. I pulled the pre-CAT sensor and it was white and very clean. I've pulled off the EGR and it moved very free and didn't look dirty at all. The fuel filter has been changed very recently too. I have replaced a PCV that didn't sound good when I shook it. It was gummed up.

I'm thinking about changing the crank sensor before I take it in to the shop. It's a 38 dollar part so if it is the same problem, I will be saving some bucks. What do you think? Am I just grabbing at something by thinking that it could be the crank sensor?
The reason I think it is the crank sensor is cause it's running so lean (I did have the p0107 code). It starts running bad when it gets warmed up.

In the mean time, I do have a suburban to drive until it is fixed. It won't kill my pocket book if I only stay around town.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:31 PM

Sensors do go bad and about the battery not holding a charge, don't be surprised if your alternator is starting to go bad either. But chances are if the battery is over 5 yrs old it needs to be replaced. I know that mine is starting to go bad. My clock doesn't keep time anymore. LOL. Keep us updated and let us know what you find out!

Old 06-21-2008, 05:19 AM

I replaced the battery with a die hard from sears. The one I took out of the car was the original. I'm glad to say that I do have a new alternator. It needed to be replace in late '07.

I bought a crank sensor. It was about 30 dollars. I'm going to replace it by sunday night. I hope there is only one to replace.
Gonna change the oil if it runs right too. I'll post the results of using the seafoam so far.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:40 AM

I replaced the precat o2 sensor instead of replacing the crank sensor. I really didn't think I'd be able to get the crank pully off so I'm not even going to bother.
The car is still stalling at warm up. code p0334 and p0300 still.
I just dropped it off at the dealer. They're going to charge me about 80 dollars to diagnose it. If it's not going to cost a whole lot of money to fix, I may just let them replace what ever needs to be replaced.
I'll keep you people posted. I am also going to start a new post on my problems with the car so others can maybe be helped.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:28 PM

Keep us updated.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:07 AM

The dealership called late yesterday to tell me that they thought my O2 sensor was bad. I told him that I had just replaced it and he said that he thought it looked new. When I took the car in, I told them that I replaced it. There're keeping the car another day to see if they can get the car to reproduce the stalling. I can't imagine why they couldn't get the car to stall on them. All you have to do is let it run five minutes to warm up and it pukes. Hopefully I will here something today. More to come...

Old 06-26-2008, 03:19 PM

It is a christmas miricle. I picked up the car from the dealership today. They said that reset the computer and there is nothing wrong with it. This is strange considering that it stalled on the way to the dealer just the other day. I'm not convinced yet. I'll have to take it out and put 50 miles on it.
More to come....

Old 06-26-2008, 07:24 PM

Are you getting any kind of security light or anything? What year is the car again? What motor? Sometimes PCM's just need to be flashed and they're fine. Like on the 6th gen ('00-'05) Montes, sometimes owners need to reset the sunroof through their DIC by running the sunroof back and forth numerous times. Keep us updated.

Quick Reply: Getting the gunk out