Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Gas milage

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 09:49 PM
Default RE: Gas milage

i like the rwd, tho. the monte carlo has been going downwards cause it just keeps getting uglier and growing from what made it a muscle car. Dont get me wrong, i love my monte. its just that it no longer a muscle car and i think its kinda sad.

Old 07-27-2005, 10:25 PM

It was only a muscle car for a few years, right? mid to late 80's.

Old 07-27-2005, 10:49 PM

Right. I think some crazy guy should make it back into a muscle car. Cram a chevy 350 or bigger V8 under that hood and transform to RWD! That'll win awards.

Old 07-27-2005, 11:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Moffer

Right. I think some crazy guy should make it back into a muscle car. Cram a chevy 350 or bigger V8 under that hood and transform to RWD! That'll win awards.
Chevy would have their work cut out for them, im sure there are plenty of other cars that would be able to compete given the price they'd end up charging for it. I'm sure that has alot to do with why they don't or haven't done it

Old 07-28-2005, 10:55 AM

That being said, our sixth gen Monte's are still faster and pushing (pulling) more ponies than most of those older Montes. The 1985 305 HO was pushing 180HP.

The link below has a ton of past and present Monte specs you guys might find of interest....

MCSSUPERSSITE

Old 07-28-2005, 05:11 PM

ORIGINAL: montejass

That being said, our sixth gen Monte's are still faster and pushing (pulling) more ponies than most of those older Montes. The 1985 305 HO was pushing 180HP.

The link below has a ton of past and present Monte specs you guys might find of interest....

MCSSUPERSSITE
but what's a little more relevant is what were other "muscle cars" at or around the price range of said Monte putting out back then? But that is a good perspective though, I was suprised to learn that.

Old 07-28-2005, 06:10 PM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

MCSSUPERSSITE
but what's a little more relevant is what were other "muscle cars" at or around the price range of said Monte putting out back then? But that is a good perspective though, I was suprised to learn that.
That..... Is a very good question. I am sure that was fast for it's time but in no way close to a true muscle car status in it's era... But man it was a pretty ride. I think the looks made it what it was in that time period.

Here is a link to a Camaro dbase, http://www.f-body.org/tech/tech.htm

Wow.... The 85 TPI Iroc only 215hp?? With the 90 up to 245. Boy, times have certainly changed.

Old 07-29-2005, 01:55 AM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

MCSSUPERSSITE
That..... Is a very good question. I am sure that was fast for it's time but in no way close to a true muscle car status in it's era... But man it was a pretty ride. I think the looks made it what it was in that time period.

Here is a link to a Camaro dbase, http://www.f-body.org/tech/tech.htm

Wow.... The 85 TPI Iroc only 215hp?? With the 90 up to 245. Boy, times have certainly changed.

I agree, the Monte was dead sexy. I like when people put oversized IROC rims on em, dayum!!

Old 08-07-2005, 07:34 PM

im saying screw it all... im now in the market for a 1975 or older 280zx that ill be putting an LS7 in.

Old 08-09-2005, 04:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Moffer

im saying screw it all... im now in the market for a 1975 or older 280zx that ill be putting an LS7 in.
uh, congrats???[&:]

Quick Reply: Gas milage