Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

EVAC and tranny problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Default EVAC and tranny problems

I have an '04 Monte SS and have been having a lot of issues with it lately. This has been a great car, up til now, and now it seems like everything is going wrong at the same time. I took to the shop a few weeks ago for power loss, and was told it needed all new gaskets and the vacuum bypass actuator needed replaced. I'm not really even sure that part exists, but they supposedly fixed it. Then the check engine light came on 1 week later, and Auto Zone told me it was an EVAC code and there was a vacuum leak at the engine. So I took it to the dealership this time, was told it was the vent valve sensor, got it fixed, and now 2 weeks later, I am hearing the same high pitch whining sound as I heard before when I accelerate, still have loss of power, and the tranny is shifting hard from 1st to 2nd. Does anyone know what this sound is, and what kinds of things I could do myself before I take it back to the dealership? My husband bought this car brand new before I ever met him, and now he isn't around and I am tired of getting ripped off. Thanks so much!!
Oh, also went to turn on the heater the other day and - no heat. Just blows out air. Any ideas?? Anything will be greatly appreciated!