Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

electrical turbo charger

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 12:30 AM

where the hell did you find that?!? that has to be photoshop or something... that is seriously not real is it!!

Old 03-30-2010, 12:47 AM

You mean you've never changed your blinker fluid? Remind me never to buy a car from you...

Old 03-30-2010, 12:52 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Haha bumpin I would agree with you there. Heres a quote off an audi forum for everyone on how to port and polish.
Hey guys, I've got a 98 1.8T. I've had a k04 and chip for a while and wanted to get more performance. I was recommended to port and polish the intake and exhaust. We found out they used abrasive material to do it like gritty sand. So I got with my friend that tunes Hondas and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked up into the intake and started the car. We had to hold the gas so it would run. He wanted to let the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and then push it out the ehxaust so it would port the exhaust manifold.

I was worried that it might cause problems but he figured it'd be OK as long as we didn't make boost and it get sucked in the turbo. After running the car and letting it suck in sand we got about half way through a 25 lb bag. The check engine light was on and the engine was bucking and kicking and sounding really weird. We stopped and hooked the car back up normal and took off the sand supply. We tried to start it again and it was really hard. Once started it couldn't idle and kept making weird noises. We took it out and drove it and it started to make scraping and knocking noises.

Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My buddy only does Hondas so he doesn't know much about Audis.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:10 AM

Lmao!

Old 03-30-2010, 11:00 PM

Well I got a electric supercharger or turbo or whatever blower they sold on ebay normally, off of a friend for about 10 bucks. Since I wanted to experiment it. Well When I hooked it up and tested it out, Holy **** it was blowing a lot of air, like a hell lot with the low amp drawing. But anyways installed it, It was like pulling a freaking cow to move. I thought maybe it was garbage, but today I replaced a muffler and I immediately felt the difference as it stopped a whine I had which I suspect came from the air intake. But once I get my duals I will give it one more try to see how much of a gimmick or success this thing is.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:33 PM

When I hooked it up and tested it out, Holy **** it was blowing a lot of air
You have to put that in perspective though- think about how much air your engine is sucking in running at 6000 rpm. That is A LOT of air!

Old 03-30-2010, 11:39 PM

True, True, I really didn't put that into thought before. But I won't find out till I try it on, This is why I am glad winter is over. You get to cruise in the warm weather. The reason I kind of wanted to give it a test run, was because this electric blower actually directed the air filter into the fender well, which may help me get more cool air, since I couldn't afford a real CAI with heat shield or air box, and I heard the stock airbox is trash.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:39 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Anyone want me to port their cars head?

Old 04-05-2010, 12:21 PM

you know ive heard of that sandblasting port polishing but... they remove the manifolds and do it with a real sandblaster.. not with the engine running... wtf was this guy thinking runnig sand through an engine. again WTF... only does hondas! whatever only does nothing!

Old 04-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

it had to be a joke...? right? lol

Quick Reply: electrical turbo charger