Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Egine Noise While Accelerating!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Egine Noise While Accelerating!

While I am driving normally, the engine sounds fine but when I want to increase my speed, my engine sounds like its being smuthered with a QUILT or something. I know I have a radiator problem but still, that sound is weird and its drives me bananas. What could be the reason and if there is one, what is the cure for the symptom. If anyone could tell me, I would gladly appreciate it! Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-22-2009, 05:27 AM

Are there any other sympthoms to this noise lack of performance, acceleration, more info please...

Old 07-22-2009, 08:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Where does it sound like the noise is coming from, what does it sound like?

Old 07-22-2009, 05:25 PM

Sorry about the poor description. While driving, its like I have to apply pressure to the pedal and it feels like i ain't going nowhere. While I am even sittin at a light, I move up a bit at a time and the engine stumbles like its about to cut off. Now, when I just pulled up in front of my apartment building, my battery gauge went all the way to NEGATIVE and bounced back to the middle. WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-22-2009, 05:39 PM

Its hard to diag **** like this but lets get the basics.

Car-
Engine-
Transmission- auto or manual
fluids? full or what, tranny and oil, also just check powersteering just for shts

whats it sound like in park or sitting still, when you hit the pedal does it rev up or hesitate?

try a power breaker (hold brake hard and in drive slowly apply pressure) it puts a load on the motor to see how it reacts. be careful the car can jump forward so do facing a open area.

for the battery, if you have a volt meter check it at the battery.

To me this sounds like you heard your bearing on alternator go bad and its dying in a fked up glorified way

Old 07-23-2009, 04:02 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member

where you turning when your battery gauge shot down to negative and it went back up after you were done turning?
im thinking powersteering is low....it'd make a noise, cause your battery gauge to shoot down during turning. power steering is a fun one to get to, its on the passenger side basically on the firewall about 6 inches down. if it needs fluid, make sure you get a long funnel.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The applying pressure to the pedal sounds like a stuck throttlebody or a clogged cat.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:11 PM

Well. The battery gauge doesn't do it anymore (don't ask me how). I guess after giving my neighbor a jump is what drained my battery. I guess I have a low charge system. But, the way my engine sounds as if you was listening to a fan blowing on high. Thats the sound it makes! On my way home from work, i can feel and heard my engine noise like a FAN was on while I was playing my radio loud. While I am sitting at the light or in park, the engine sounds FINE. Its just when i want to accelerate while driving, the engine gets louder.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:49 PM

OK i have noticed a noise on mine and my radio is stock. I get the motor whine over the speakers. not sure the place but its caused by a speaker wire or something near a engine wire or something.

Did you cycle things on your motor, like AC and power steering?

Old 07-23-2009, 07:28 PM

Nah, I just get in and go. I know I had to refill the power steering fluid. I know that I need another radiator because I am leaking radiator fluid. I just bought a sealant for now and it works perfect until I get paid next friday for a new radiator or a use one. Maybe that could be the result of the engine noise. I also have an oil leak (that I wasn't aware of until I found out that I had a radiator leak) somewhere by the oil pan but it isn't the drain plug. So im puzzled with that problem as well. Since I have put the sealant in the radiator, my car has been operating at its normal temp. When I turn my AC on, everything runs fine, even while its off, the engine still makes that sound.

Quick Reply: Egine Noise While Accelerating!