Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

dextron 4 or 6??? help

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 06:21 PM

i guess not. believe me the, the thought of it being a safety issue crossed my mind. i called my normal dealer and there goodwrench part closed down, so i call another and the convo was recorded, and he said no. so i call another dealer and they say no.

i thought i told everyone with the issue to complain at the dealer. appearently nobody did. ive heard other members that have the same problem. it was like 100 for that repair, but still even the mechanic told me to tell the dealer to screw off, and he would be getting easy buisiness.

whatever, its all good now.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:53 PM

you know how people think that there is a dextron IV(4). its actually dexIII mercron IV on the label that ford and chevy used for a while till mercron 6 and dex 6 came out and they use there one labels for both ironically chevy and ford uses both dex 6 in there vehicles it comes from the same company but different labels do to legal issues with chevy they had to. i use to order the fluid for the shop i use to work at thats how i found out i talked to a rep that i got it from told me till the shop let me go do to the economy.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
that sounds great, I wish I could find a reputable place around here to get mine done one of these days!!
I know exactly how you feel chris.
I don't want to take it to just anybody, even with the lowest price because it could cost you in the end.
The thought of having to leave my monte behind at a shop is scary to me, i don't know what they could be doing to it...hopefully their jobs.