Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Computer Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 03:16 AM
Default Computer Question

I am going to buy a PCM from Milzy motor sports, My question is for when i Install it. Is the PCM in the 2001 Monte LS plug and Play? Easy Install? Or would I have to get it professionally done? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks Guys.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Default RE: Computer Question

the pcm should be just plug and play. if the car doesnt start when you install the pcm there isa set of steps for you to follow to get the car to start. pyfc has these instructions. other than that it should be pretty easy. the instructions are for the DHP pcm....butthey should be universal.

SECURITY RELEARN PROCEDURE
In the event that your vehicle fails to start after installing the DHP 1.0 PCM, you will need to perform the Security Relearn Procedure. This procedure allows the PCM to function properly in your vehicle. Follow the steps listed below completely.
[ol][*]Attempt to start the car by turning the key to the Start/Run Position.[*]Observe that the vehicle fails to start and that the security light is illuminated.[*]Release key to the 'ON/Accessory' Position. (DO NOT turn key to the 'off' position.)[*]Allow the vehicle to sit with the key in the 'ON/Accessory' Position for no less than 11 minutes.[*]Turn key to off position and allow the vehicle to remain in the 'OFF' position for no less than 30 seconds.[*]Repeat #1 - #5 for 3 cycles.[*]On 4th attempt, car should start. [/ol]
NOTE : Since this is a fairly long procedure, I would limit all electrical sources, such as disconnecting headlights, to prevent discharge of battery.

NOTE 2 : It is SAFE to wait LONGER than the allotted time, but it is not safe to wait less time. I.e. 12 minutes instead of 11 minutes should be safe; however, waiting 10 minutes instead of 11 minutes is not safe.
Properly executed, this procedure should take approximately 35 minutes to complete.