Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Beefin up my monte

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 11:47 PM
Default Beefin up my monte

So Im new to the monte carlo forum. Here's what I've got. I have a 2002 monte carlo ls... I would like to beef her up a little, and am totally up for ideas... this is my first car, and I'm puttin my heart and soul into her. My buddy was talking about a supercharger and some other things, but like i said, this is my first car...so.. any ideas?

Old 06-27-2008, 06:07 AM
Default RE: Beefin up my monte

Welcome to the forum.
What do you want your car to do for you...1/4 mile runs, stoplight tag, highway runs?
Almost as important a question is what is your budget?
We can give you plenty of ideas, but it helps for them to be realistic, so let's get a ballpark of where you envision your mod expenses to be.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:19 PM

You may want to stick with audio/visual and rims. The NA's have weak transmissions so don't expect too much out of it.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:42 PM

I agree with 04 intimidator, stick with A/V. You can't really do too much performance wise with the 3400. The transmissions on the naturally aspirated (NA) motors is weaker, but they do okay. I would start with a new air intake system. That is something you can do with the 3400.