Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/)
-   -   Bad Week !!!!! Need Help Bad !!! SS acting up (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/bad-week-need-help-bad-ss-acting-up-29075/)

red04montels 06-23-2011 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by BigPana (Post 336227)
Thanks for everybody who chimed in ! It was the CAT 80% Clogged.

i would confront the company that charged you for unneeded things

BigPana 06-23-2011 08:00 PM

I'm cool pretty much everything I got I needed the rear manifold had a whole in it and the plugs and wires looked like crap and the fuel filter was in bad shape. Just wish I didn't have to come off all this money in one week !

Curtis24682007 06-23-2011 09:59 PM

How much did it cost to replace the cat and the manifold?

BigPana 06-23-2011 10:45 PM

The manifold hurt part and labor was $690.15 so far quotes on the cat one shop is saying $199 & another is saying $281

Curtis24682007 06-23-2011 11:04 PM

Thanks, I think I might have an exhaust leak too, I hear a tapping when I accelerate and my mpg has went down. I'm not showing any codes. I also have a ruff idle. So far I did the wires, plugs, coils, and icm. My monte is running hotter that normal too. The tapping sound is the thing that is getting me because I don't know where it is coming from. I plan on taking it to my local shop this weekend to try to find the problem.

BigPana 06-23-2011 11:36 PM

Hope ur area has better cost then mine. Did u do the work urself ?

Curtis24682007 06-24-2011 11:05 AM

The cost is one thing but getting a proper diagnosis and finding someone who is going to do quality work is another. I'm still kind of jumping from shop to shop. I did the plugs,wires, and control module myself. The only thing is that I don't have all the tools I need and I stay in an apartment for now. I brought my car in March of this year in the first month it spun a bearing, I had my pops do a block swap with a Buick from a junk yard in Mississippi (that's where I was at when the engine failed). The car ran OK after the swap but I have been getting a rough idle and tapping when I accelerate. That's why I change everything and I even took it to the dealership and they did a crank relearn procedure. Still no help for the rough idle and tapping, I feel like the car has also lost some pep as well. I'm going to try to get my fuel filter changed this week. I tried to change it myself but it looks like it has seized up and I did want to mess anything up, so I will take it to the shop and let them have a try at it. Hopefully it won't be more than 20 bucks since I already have the filter. This won't fix the tapping but maybe it will give me some of my pep back.

BigPana 06-24-2011 11:37 AM

Hope it all works out for you ! I'm waiting to pick my car up it ended up costing me $285 for Cat & labor. I bought my SS the end of Nov last yr its been pretty good but the pass 2 weeks man when it rains it pours !!!!