Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Another Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 06:01 PM
1 Year Member
Default Another Update

Well i started the lim gasket last saturday. Had no problems getting everything apart untill i got to the fuel injectors. The manifold side seals on the injectors wouldnt give out as easy as everyone made it out to be and i broke a clip pulling off the rail. And guess what!!!! The clips only come with the injectors so i had to get a new injector (and 5 injector seal kits while i was at it).

Anyway, the lim and valve covers came off nicely after that. They all cleaned up very well.

Onto more fun:

The gasket set that i bought from wot-tech was very complete and of descent quality, but i have to argue the lim gasket didnt fit around the runners well- so i had to go and buy a felpro premium set.

When installing the tstat body to the new ported lower intake manifold (that i purchased from wot-tech) , i realised the inner surface where the tstat seals to was never given a smooth finish and was pitted. since i had some extra rtv by this point, it found some good use.

While torquing down then lim after the install and gasket work, i went against my better judgement and trusted my 10 year old torque wrench that never clicked. On a lighter note, the only bolt that broke was a valve cover bolt which i still thank god that it wasnt a lim bolt.

Took off the lim and removed the broken bolt, trashed all the replacement bolts that came from wot-tech, cleaned and reinstalled the originals.
bought a nice digital display (with alarm) craftsman torque wrench and new valve cover bolts and installed them.
Im still waiting for the injector clips and seals to finish and put everything together............

Old 03-01-2012, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by forgotten
Well i started the lim gasket last saturday. Had no problems getting everything apart untill i got to the fuel injectors. The manifold side seals on the injectors wouldnt give out as easy as everyone made it out to be and i broke a clip pulling off the rail. And guess what!!!! The clips only come with the injectors so i had to get a new injector (and 5 injector seal kits while i was at it).

Anyway, the lim and valve covers came off nicely after that. They all cleaned up very well.

Onto more fun:

The gasket set that i bought from wot-tech was very complete and of descent quality, but i have to argue the lim gasket didnt fit around the runners well- so i had to go and buy a felpro premium set.

When installing the tstat body to the new ported lower intake manifold (that i purchased from wot-tech) , i realised the inner surface where the tstat seals to was never given a smooth finish and was pitted. since i had some extra rtv by this point, it found some good use.

While torquing down then lim after the install and gasket work, i went against my better judgement and trusted my 10 year old torque wrench that never clicked. On a lighter note, the only bolt that broke was a valve cover bolt which i still thank god that it wasnt a lim bolt.

Took off the lim and removed the broken bolt, trashed all the replacement bolts that came from wot-tech, cleaned and reinstalled the originals.
bought a nice digital display (with alarm) craftsman torque wrench and new valve cover bolts and installed them.
Im still waiting for the injector clips and seals to finish and put everything together............
I did my lower intake manifold gasket last Sunday and it was easier than I thought. I have been putting off changing my valve covers because I have a broken bolt also and I dont want to break the seal since its not leaking in that area lol. Im scared to use my drill to reverse it, im scared that it wont work and ill get it permanately stuck.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:51 PM
1 Year Member

depending on how it broke off, you can do what I did. While the lim is off, turn it over and unscrew the broken bolt back threw the flange side. I had to use Chanel locks to start it, then needlenose to turn it.