Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Another update!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 06:34 PM
1 Year Member
Default Another update!

Its Alive!!!!!!!!

After a hiccup figuring out the spark plug wire layout to the coils, I finally started it and let her idle for a bit. After tommorrows oil change, it will be drivable again.

No codes.... engines not making any unusual noises... a huge relief!!!!!

Side notes:

The issue i had im my previous update with the fuel leak turned out to be the return fuel line washer... after i replaced it with a new one, i was good to go.

I replaced the fuel pressure regulator while i was there. im pulling 55 ish with the key on engine off.

The idle is drastically improved, maybe due to the cleaned tb or fresh plugs and wires or fpr.

Old spark plug 1 has a readish hue to it. Makes me wish i would of done the headgaskets while i was there, but i was scared of tearing out more of the engine without ever doing this.....

I didnt keep track of the layout to the spark plugs and coils. really wish i would of labled and wrote down to save the headache of it not sarting.

Next weekend after i drive her for a bit, ill throw in the coi, and new coils. also get a new fuel filter....

Old 03-14-2012, 07:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Glad it's running, what CAI are you putting in? What coils do you have now?

Old 03-14-2012, 07:45 PM
1 Year Member

the wizaired is what i will be putting in. the coils right now are stock but i got new supercharged coils, cant remember what engine they are for... im still waiting for my new t stat and 65mm tb from mizzy, but im getting impatient after waiting almost 2 months now. also i forgot, i have a new downpipe with u bend delete hidden in the basement from my wife. that may go on next weekend too.....

my current mods are now a ported upper and lower intake manifold...

Old 03-14-2012, 07:49 PM

Congrats on getting her up n runnin

Old 03-15-2012, 08:54 AM
1 Year Member

thanks. i think next week i will also finally get some pics of her for you all to see.........

Old 03-15-2012, 09:28 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Sounds like it's really coming together!

Old 03-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Sounds like you have some good mods in store for your Monte...keep us updated and remember to include pics!

Old 03-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by forgotten
the wizaired is what i will be putting in. the coils right now are stock but i got new supercharged coils, cant remember what engine they are for... im still waiting for my new t stat and 65mm tb from mizzy, but im getting impatient after waiting almost 2 months now. also i forgot, i have a new downpipe with u bend delete hidden in the basement from my wife. that may go on next weekend too.....

my current mods are now a ported upper and lower intake manifold...
Hmm, the supercharged coils won't do anything performance wise for you, they're the same as the ones you have currently

you're hiding parts from your wife? lol

Old 03-15-2012, 02:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Congrats! Glad it's running again! Sounds like you have some good mods in store

Old 03-15-2012, 05:25 PM
1 Year Member

they are the l68 (?) coils, from a supercharged 3.8.. from what i have found on here so far, they will help us 3.4 guys put a more reliable spark at higher rpms. I have to not let my wife know about the mods to my daily driver and kid hauler.

Quick Reply: Another update!