Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Amsoil

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 08:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i dont think mobil was ever really huge, but i think theyve gotten better and better technology, im using them my next oil change, ive only ever heard good things about them

Old 08-25-2010, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 04intimidatorssjmm
hmm interesting how much dose an oil analysis usually cost and where can you get it done? used the mobil cause i was told that in the newer gm's ('00 an up i guess) mobil1 is standard from the factory and i haven't noticed any noise. i was considering switching to the high-mileage mobil1 5w-30 oil but now i'm leary
Back when I used to have oil analysis done it cost about $18 but I think it has gone up since. Go to Blackstone Labs's website and I think they tell the current price. They will send you free kits to collect the oil in. I still have some somewhere.

Mobil 1 has come factory in cars such as the corvette and the GTO. There may be some other high performance vehicles that it came in. Mobil conventional oil has been the factory fill for all of GM's other vehicles for quite a few years now unless it has changed recently.

I'm not telling people not to use it if they have had good luck with it. I personally will not use it again and from most of the oil analysis results I've read on the bobistheoilguy.com website, Mobil 1 has not gotten better over the years. I just think that for the money, there are better oils out there. I think your engine will last just fine with Mobil 1 if thats what you want to use. Take care.

Wayne