Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

3.4l 2005 Monte Performance/Power Adders

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 06:59 PM
Default 3.4l 2005 Monte Performance/Power Adders

Okay, I am in great need of some help. Everywhere I look the threads are like 8 years old. So, I am looking for some parts to make my monte a little more fun. Looking to add a bit of horsepower but cant seem to find more than like 3 ways to do so. I know there is a much larger aftermarket for the 3.8l ss but I don't have one of those. I know there is someone on here that has to be able to help me out thanks

Old 01-21-2015, 07:06 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum!!

I would suggest starting here https://montecarloforum.com/forum/fw...p-power-46071/
I am sure others will respond with suggestions!!

Old 01-21-2015, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by P343
Welcome to the forum!!

I would suggest starting here https://montecarloforum.com/forum/fw...p-power-46071/
I am sure others will respond with suggestions!!
Thank you very much ! I just recently got my Monte and I feel as if I am going to be spending quite sometime on this forum

Old 01-21-2015, 07:28 PM

if I were to get a downpipe, about how much hp would I expect to gain?
and what is the difference between an economy downpipe and just a regular one other than the economy one being cheaper ? lol

Last edited by Baby Jesus Swag; 01-21-2015 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:40 PM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

It is a wonderful forum with tons of information and friendly people with lots of knowledge. You will find yourself drawn here more and more!!!
If you don't find the information you are looking for by using the search function, just start a post and give as much detail as you can so others can try to help.
Once you are able, please post pics of your Monte.
I do not know the answer to your downpipe question but someone will read your post that can help you with what they know.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:45 PM

It is a wonderful forum with tons of information and friendly people with lots of knowledge. You will find yourself drawn here more and more!!!
If you don't find the information you are looking for by using the search function, just start a post and give as much detail as you can so others can try to help.
Once you are able, please post pics of your Monte.
I do not know the answer to your downpipe question but someone will read your post that can help you with what they know.
I shall upload some now and thank you

Old 01-21-2015, 07:55 PM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

You are more than welcome !!
You will have to be a member for five days AND have a 10 post minimum before you can upload pics into posts. It keeps spammers from coming in and posting stuff.
Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums - FAQ: MonteCarloForum Specific FAQs

Last edited by P343; 01-21-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:00 PM

You are more than welcome !!
You will have to be a member for five days AND have a 10 post minimum before you can upload pics. It keeps spammers from coming in and posting stuff.
Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums - FAQ: MonteCarloForum Specific FAQs
ahhh okay it did just let me create an album though, is that where I should upload them ? or somewhere different

Old 01-21-2015, 08:12 PM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

The FAQ section said "Unable to post attachments
Note: Exception of this is the New Member Area and Monte Carlo Repair Help. This is to allow new members to show pic of their ride and/or post a pic related to getting repair assistance. Anything further may be a violation of the rules for those sections." So no pics in posts until a full member except the two areas mentioned.
I looked at your album. Very nice!!
Make sure to stop by the new member area to start a thread and introduce yourself.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:18 PM

The FAQ section said "Unable to post attachments
Note: Exception of this is the New Member Area and Monte Carlo Repair Help. This is to allow new members to show pic of their ride and/or post a pic related to getting repair assistance. Anything further may be a violation of the rules for those sections." So no pics in posts until a full member except the two areas mentioned.
I looked at your album. Very nice!!
Make sure to stop by the new member area to start a thread and introduce yourself.
Sounds good thanks for your help

Quick Reply: 3.4l 2005 Monte Performance/Power Adders