Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

2002 Monte SS DHP file?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 12:32 PM
1 Year Member
Default 2002 Monte SS DHP file?

anyone have one?

a friend has the powertuner and isnt sure he has the file for my car and he isnt sure that he can read my stock computer and modify it. he isnt even sure if his verson of the powertuner can write to my car or not, he has a grand prix but said he has done it on others, just not a monte carlo. but he said that if i could find a DHP file for my car, then he would try it on a spare computer he has.

he claims he can get some really good MPG out of my car and not lower my horsepower.

Old 10-20-2012, 02:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

He can read and write to you without any problems.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:40 PM
1 Year Member

oh, ok then. he said that he thought that when you read the file, that it had to be unlocked by DHP or we had to start with a DHP base file?

guess we will find out tonight or tomorrow.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

No the only time you have to worry about it being locked is if it is tuned by someone else and they lock it to that program.

Stock is no problem. My car is tuned by DHP from a friend, we had zero issues reading and writing 15-20 times.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:08 AM
1 Year Member

yep the file was locked and cannot open it.

from doing a lot of research last night, i evidently need the updated "bin file" that has the most current OSID from GM.

so again, is there anyone that has a base 2002 monte ss dhp bin file that i can start from?

or do you know of any place i can get that newest OSID file from? I have tried to find it online without much luck.

Thanks

Old 10-23-2012, 02:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by vikesfan
yep the file was locked and cannot open it.

from doing a lot of research last night, i evidently need the updated "bin file" that has the most current OSID from GM.

so again, is there anyone that has a base 2002 monte ss dhp bin file that i can start from?

or do you know of any place i can get that newest OSID file from? I have tried to find it online without much luck.

Thanks
i have never heard of this..... i have a 04 monte and i was into the pcm with dhp many times reading and writing before i switched over to hpt which is what i use now..... he shouldnt have any issues reading your pcm with dhp as long as your pcm is a factory pcm and not a store bought tune. some "canned" tunes will be locked but i never heard of a factory one being locked and unreadable.......

Old 10-23-2012, 03:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

also tell him to get onto dhp web site i know there is a lot of bin files that can be downloaded from there, idk if there is one for your exact year monte thou.... worth a shot....

Old 10-23-2012, 08:08 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
i have never heard of this..... i have a 04 monte and i was into the pcm with dhp many times reading and writing before i switched over to hpt which is what i use now..... he shouldnt have any issues reading your pcm with dhp as long as your pcm is a factory pcm and not a store bought tune. some "canned" tunes will be locked but i never heard of a factory one being locked and unreadable.......
reading the pcm was not the problem, it read just fine, however, it cannot be opened. and my car is stock.

based off the research i found, there are only 3 osid's that have been mapped...

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo V6 3.8 L36 - 12223448
2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo V6 3.8 L36 - 12223451
2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo V6 3.8 L36 - 12223492

here is the error that came up when we started the read....

I need one of the 3 osid's listed above in order to open the file, edit, and flash it to my pcm.

Last edited by vikesfan; 10-23-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:11 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
also tell him to get onto dhp web site i know there is a lot of bin files that can be downloaded from there, idk if there is one for your exact year monte thou.... worth a shot....

good luck with that, he bought the dhp tuner about 1.5 years ago and has still yet to get accepted to that forum. he has sent many email and requests with no reply.

i signed up, didnt get a confirm email, and have tried emailing the admins for the last 1.5 weeks. not a single reply.

all i need is the file for my car, nothing more.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:26 AM
1 Year Member

well, i just happen to check another forum for gm cars, 60degreev6.com and one of the members over there happened to have the file i need.

so when i get the car back from the dealer (tranns repair/rebuild/replace), i should have a decent tune ready for it.

Quick Reply: 2002 Monte SS DHP file?