Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Engine Build: The 01 MC SS Sleeper LS4

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 07:20 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You should be ok because I used all my 01 suspension when I did my swap and everything bolted right up no problem. If you check out my beginning pictures you'll see the engine sitting on my 01 engine cradle with my 01 CV joints already connected on the ground before I lowered the body on to my 5.3l power plant.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:10 AM

Nice ride!!

Old 02-02-2016, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Dredd
You should be ok because I used all my 01 suspension when I did my swap and everything bolted right up no problem. If you check out my beginning pictures you'll see the engine sitting on my 01 engine cradle with my 01 CV joints already connected on the ground before I lowered the body on to my 5.3l power plant.
Yep I actually used the same sub frame off the 06 donor car bolted rite up had to change the struts back to the 00 since the 06 struts had car sitting way to high.... car is nearly done thanks to you and this great write up.
I am having a issue trying to fix which is car wont spark any cylinders and computer won't read on obd2 I have few grounds leading to trunk not grounded out yet seats not in yet o2 not connected yet....exhaust goes rite in aswell.
I am getting fuel. dash lights up mileage reads...fuel gauge doesn't work yet lol so I'm going to stop focusing on starting car and wiring tail lights head lights and the front doors back doors plugged rite in.
Hopefully when I get off work in few hours I can get half the wiring done and maybe try and see if obd2 connects to computer after the wiring fully done

Old 02-03-2016, 06:08 AM

Congrats on the progress you have made and I'm glad I was able to be of help because they told me it can't be done, and now here you are proving them wrong again. Good Luck and keep me up on your progress because we'll have to meet up one day and take them to the tilt on the track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-09-2016, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Dredd
Congrats on the progress you have made and I'm glad I was able to be of help because they told me it can't be done, and now here you are proving them wrong again. Good Luck and keep me up on your progress because we'll have to meet up one day and take them to the tilt on the track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got it running brakes are an issue right now and wiring up headlights tail lights and front doors other then that everything else is good we need to meet up since I'm in fresno ca we not to far apart! If you want we can contact through Facebook or something

Old 02-09-2016, 07:47 AM

Sound like you're getting it together. My dad lives in Bakersfield so Fresno is my last stop for gas on the way up there to see him so I could always stop by on my next trip!

When I did my headlights I did the cross-reference but my tail lights hooked right up and my brakes I had to re-fit all my brake lines (cut off the tips and re-flare the tips and replace the fittings) coming to the abs and use the brake booster off a 2007 Impala which twisted right up to my firewall. Keep me posted folks .

Old 02-10-2016, 12:10 AM

Wow!! That's incredible!! Awesome job, Dredd

Old 02-13-2016, 07:25 PM

I've heard tons of people that said it couldn't be done. ...guess they're wrong .

Old 02-14-2016, 09:52 AM

That's right folks and we're living proof!

Old 03-02-2016, 06:43 PM

Can you tell how did you do your gas lines to the motor

Quick Reply: Engine Build: The 01 MC SS Sleeper LS4