Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Engine Build: The 01 MC SS Sleeper LS4

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Default Does the dash need to be replaced?

Awesome job. Was it necessary to replace the dash and stereo? Can you use the ls4 engine harness and splice that into your original body harness? I'm thinking that would avoid all the splicing for all the power equipment?

Old 11-22-2014, 09:30 AM

this is the coolest post on any forum i've ever seen in my life. He dropped an LS4 in a 2001.

Coolest mod EVER ! THAT's A SLEEPER!

Old 09-09-2015, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks it took a while because of haters but It's all legal, and I'm in California!
Originally Posted by nightrider
this is the coolest post on any forum i've ever seen in my life. He dropped an LS4 in a 2001.

Coolest mod EVER ! THAT's A SLEEPER!

Old 10-09-2015, 11:16 PM

great pics....nice work...you flexing!!!!!

Old 10-10-2015, 05:40 AM
Default Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

What can I say but it took a whole lot of patience and hard work!!!!!!! And yes I'm Flexing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-10-2015, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by bryan_p88
Awesome job. Was it necessary to replace the dash and stereo? Can you use the ls4 engine harness and splice that into your original body harness? I'm thinking that would avoid all the splicing for all the power equipment?

Actually it was easier to just do the whole 06 wiring harness and just splice in the bow tie headlights of the 01, which is why I went that way to retain the Bow Tie Headlights

Old 10-15-2015, 11:45 PM

I know old thread but I'm picking up a complete 06 impala ss tomorrow I have a 00 impala I believe It should be same thing as your swap I'm in California as well central.
Did you have to change fuse boxes? I'm trying to figure what I will need off this car since it's a totaled out ss all suspension lined up or did you need to get the newer model suspension?
And column and dash was a must to do swap or just did because looks of it? I will start this swap within the next month.
I do have a 06 ss already so this is a complete donor car for both my impalas lol.
I know I will need everything under hood of 06 ss to do swap so just trying to get it all together before I take this big step

Old 10-16-2015, 10:11 AM
Default Ls4 sleeper!

Hey 00impala, yes I did the complete wiring and fuse box because of the difference in connectors. There were a few line right up connectors and parts that came from both 06 and 07 Impala SS and MC SS that fit right in the connector to the fuel pump and sending unit, the brake booster which had the Booster air pressure sensor, the transmission mount which is what I used to align the engine/Trans to my original engine Carriage and suspension, the 07 Fuel tank and fuel pump and sending unit all fit right in. But using the whole wiring harness and fuse boxes is the best way because even the grommets for the under the hood to the interior fuse box fit right in no holes needed to be cut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-16-2015, 04:33 PM

Alright thanks you for fast reply had to postpone picking up the donor car today will get it tomorrow. So looks like I will be taking whole front end of the 06 ss donor car and put into the 00 impala will try and see if all interior will fit as well seats and all since I have base model 00 impala we will see if know this Mc site but very helpful thank you

Old 10-18-2015, 11:55 AM

Okay so does the rack and pinion or any Springs calipers ect. Need to be replaced? Since I'm using the brake booster off 06 or will original fit? Everyone telling me can't be done since 00 impala and 06 are different body wise compared to Mc 00 and 06 are almost identical. I hope I can prove them wrong without much fabrication needed.

Quick Reply: Engine Build: The 01 MC SS Sleeper LS4