Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Are you a washaholic? I am!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 12:46 AM

Wow and i thought i washed my car too much xD I wash it at least once a week. Also compound/polish/wax every 3 months.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:54 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hello, my name is Mike and I am a washaholic. My addiction was so bad at one time that I purchased car wash by the case. I prefer the premium blends, but sometimes I would buy the lesser quality products if money was tight and it was on sale. I found that there were consequences though. It didn't suds well to lift the dirt and I had to consume a larger quantity to obtain the same glow and state of mind I obtained with the more expensive washes. Because of that I now only purchase the higher quality brands. I have confered with a doctor about my problem but I was told that I am hopeless...but I already knew that.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:59 AM

im usually 2-3 times a week. its becoming a reallll b*tch because its getting so hot out the water drys up real fast and leaves water spots, so i have to keep respraying and making sure the entire cars wet until im ready to dry

Old 08-11-2012, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Hello, my name is Mike and I am a washaholic. My addiction was so bad at one time that I purchased car wash by the case. I prefer the premium blends, but sometimes I would buy the lesser quality products if money was tight and it was on sale. I found that there were consequences though. It didn't suds well to lift the dirt and I had to consume a larger quantity to obtain the same glow and state of mind I obtained with the more expensive washes. Because of that I now only purchase the higher quality brands. I have confered with a doctor about my problem but I was told that I am hopeless...but I already knew that.

Oh My God!

You have WMS!!!

The dreaded White Monte Syndrome!!!

You need to come to a WMS Anonymous meeting.

I was even thinking about getting white rims....omg

Old 08-20-2012, 08:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

Once a week with the monte..
Live in a complex so I really can't wash it without borrowing the parents driveway. The 5 minute drive is alot better than risking swirls from a car wash.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:09 AM

My name is Angie and I am a washaholic, suffering from WMS (White Monte Syndrome). I wash at least once a week and I've recently added an addiction: Chemical Guys' Citrus Wash & Gloss. I found it online for about $20.00 and the shine it leaves the car with is like a mirror! You've GOT to try it at least once.....I also have a stable full of Meguiar's products and Meguiar's Professional detail spray my body man gave me. For an even better detail shine, I use Zymol Quick & Easy Spray Glaze. If you want any recommendations on tire products, window cleaners, trim restorers.....JUST ASK, I've tried them all!

Old 08-28-2012, 01:06 PM

Whoa, i usually use the self-wash nozzle spray kind. I wouldn't mind getting to know how to manually wash myself. I nevr waxed or anything. So whats a good starting kit to do this sort of thing.

I just wanna wash for now, learn how to wax latr. What sponges or clothes are best, do i use a hose to rinse off the sudz?

Old 08-28-2012, 01:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by EnforcerDT
Whoa, i usually use the self-wash nozzle spray kind. I wouldn't mind getting to know how to manually wash myself. I nevr waxed or anything. So whats a good starting kit to do this sort of thing.

I just wanna wash for now, learn how to wax latr. What sponges or clothes are best, do i use a hose to rinse off the sudz?
You've never waxed????

Old 08-28-2012, 01:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012

Originally Posted by EnforcerDT

There isn't much to learn about waxing.. literally wax on... wax off

Seriously though.. Just apply wax with an applicator pad or microfiber towel.. let it dry.. then buff it off with a microfiber towel. Simple as that.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:34 PM

You all need to stop washing so much. Washing is very hard on your car, that where most of the scraches come from.

Quick Reply: Are you a washaholic? I am!