Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Window Tinting

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 03:17 AM
Default RE: Window Tinting

hey no offence to any member here who is a cop, sorry about that, forgot to mention that

cheers

Old 01-19-2007, 03:17 AM

no offence to any members here who are cops, sorry, forgot to say that before

cheers

Old 01-19-2007, 08:08 AM

in Nebraska (wife is from there)
you can only have 35% in the front windows. but the rear windows can be as dark as you want. Also i would highly recomend the front windsheild strip be the same if not darker then what you put in the back windows. and yes if they wan tto they do have the meters in the cars with them and can check it for you to. (been there done that)

Good luck . and enjoy.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:49 AM

I only know a couple people that have ever gotten a ticket in Iowa for illegal tint, and I know lots of ppl with illegal tint. The guys that do get tickited are either driving stupid, have other illegal stuff on the car, or got ticketed for soemthing else and was disrespectful. My friend lit up in the cops face and she gave him a ticket for worn tires, the original speeding, and forhis tint. I'm positive if he had been respectful (at least kept thecigarette out of her face) then she wouldn't have left with writers cramp that day. lol!

Old 02-27-2007, 01:14 AM

this is true, i was driving threw town with out of town plates and was stoped and meterd in demoines Ia .
we were stationed in Ne. at Offutt and her father lived in IA city all i did was stop for gas btu they didnt like the way i pumped it i guess lol
but that was in my old 76 nova and it didnt look like it had any reason on the street other then to find a race. and sounded the same way.
Also we were younger so im sure this all had somethign to do with it to a point.

But it can be done so just remeber this is you chose to do it darker then your state allows you to.

Also i knwo the cop tha tpulled me over had a book that could tell you wha tht elaws in the other states were also. so you could nto tell them it was leagal in the state with the plates unless it was. he could check it.

But i have argued and won with a state trooper for tinting the windows on my big truck due to a doctors note i had that said i needed to have them so i didnt get sun cancer.
but they were done at 35% and at night they hated it.
I thought it was great LOL
but they can meter the windows and it is pretty acurate