Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Window tint...???

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 08:58 PM

you can tint your front, its just you shouldnt tint it to dark. i think 35% would be to dark for me, hows the night time drive?!

Old 10-21-2009, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
you tinted the front windshield? thats like putting everyone's life at risk on the road..including yours
i can see perfectly at night time. not like its a black wall or anything. you cant see in my car but can see out with no problem. 35% isn't reallly that dark (at least to me) still drive with normal lights on no brights or anything.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

hey guys! sorry i haven't really been on in a while but thanks for all your input and what not. i wouldn't tint the front just bcuz i dont wanna risk anything and i'm thinking like maybe 15% all around but i haven't quite decided yet. i've been going to car meets and such looking at other people's car and asking them what tint percent they have and comparing it to my car. so i have an idea of what i want but haven't quite decided yet.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:14 PM

In Mo the legal tint limit is 35% on the driver's and passager door and as dark as you want everywhere else (cept windshield of course). From what I have seen, 35% is not that dark. My sis has 35% and you can still see in her car and see her etc. My friend has 20% on a black Pontiac and you can see him in it but you will have a hard time telling it is him, of course he lives in KS tho. He also has not really had that many cops pull him over for tint because on a black car 20% doesn't look as bad. While my other friend has like 18% on a silver car and is always getting pulled over. I thought he was going to get pulled over on his wedding day. But it is really up to you on what you want to do.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jesus_LS
Hey guys,

Anyone have a picture of a 5th generation Monte with tinted windows?
debating if i should get mine done.

PS First post!
heres a few kinda old tho

^ day

^ night

35% front on back

Yes i been asked a few times about window tint. In wisconsin its 50% on the front and 35% on the back window

I simply tell the cop it was professionaly done, then they usually leave it @ that, no i never been fined for it.

and if yall want to check out more/new pics check out my car domain, www.cardomain.com/ride/2591904

..... thank god i fix them spots on the last photo...yay wet sanding and a good buff job

Old 10-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Default ...window tinting........

....I agree with a lot of what is being said here.
Check with the legal limits on tinting first. Do you have black
interior ? Tinting will help keep it cooler. It can also serve as a
safety measure incase of a accident. The film, should, prevent
glass from flying everywhere. Don't know about car show rules
but most cars have windows rolled down anyway. I plan to do
the same with mine when I start showing it.
Just have it professionally installed.......good luck.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by nascar43
....I agree with a lot of what is being said here.
Check with the legal limits on tinting first. Do you have black
interior ? Tinting will help keep it cooler. It can also serve as a
safety measure incase of a accident. The film, should, prevent
glass from flying everywhere. Don't know about car show rules
but most cars have windows rolled down anyway. I plan to do
the same with mine when I start showing it.
Just have it professionally installed.......good luck.
yeahh my interior is all black (except the roof) and the seats are leather which get really hot in the summer lol. and thanks

Old 10-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Just my humble opinion, but I think every car looks better with tinted windows. I got 30% on mine. But it came like that. 30% all around except the windshield. I got 20% on all my other cars. But didn't feel like re-doing all the windows, and ruining my defogger lines on the back window.

As for the show car excuse, I see show cars with tinted windows alot. Just roll the windows down and/or open the doors.

Old 11-07-2009, 04:26 PM

Taz the only way it wrecks the redefrost is if you scrape the tint off with a razor, but theres otherways to get tint off.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

Once I brought the car out of paint this past spring I placed tint (limo like 5%) on the beast much to opposing views from many around me, but I felt it made the car stand out, which turned out to be the main problem. I will be removing the tint and replacing it with a lighter tint all around..50% or so..my experiance here in illi is that it simply gave law enforcement probible cause to check me out. now the I support the Illinios law enforcment window star did buy me a couple passes when they walked up on me.( highly recomended give $25 and get a sticker) but just being pulled over became a hassel. I do say yes to window tint but the % in my opinion depends on the law as well as the color of the ride. Rick aka ted with Mr burns is tinted and looks amazing and doesn't get pulled where mine was getting flashed all the time so my belief is that the tint simply blends into the darker models and when placed on the red or lighter colors its too much contrast to ignore. Now if I were living in florida I would tint as dark as possible just to keep the car cool. JUST MY OPINION!!!!! The Jarhead

Quick Reply: Window tint...???