Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

What chemicals do you use?

Old 06-18-2019, 07:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by N/A02NBMCSS
I know exactly what you use it for! You use it for your leather i heard that it helps keep leather looking sharp
Your right! Working on the Monte has been a passion and I have over the years liberated alot of parts from less fortunate Monte Carlos at salvage yards I think it took somewhere around 7 or more to piece together the leather interior, I know have.
So this friend of mine who has had several Monte Carlo's told about how you can put baby oil the leather and it will keep it soft.
I had in my Garage the back seat and passenger seat from a Monte Carlo and decided to try this out the top of the seat was kinda hardened, so put on some to test it and it appears a bit greasy at first. 2 days later I get back to the Garage and the seats look like brand knew. I was stunned.
My friend told me that an old time upholsterer gave him that tip. I haven't used it on vinyl, only the leather.
It won't restore any leather that is cracked. But it is a much better thing than the products offered commercially that I have tried.

Back seat leather treated with Baby Oil

Front seats leather treated with Baby Oil

Front seats leather treated with Baby Oil

Front seat leather treated with Baby Oil

Old 06-28-2019, 07:53 AM
Default cleaning products

• Meguiars gold class for body.
  • For windows vinegar / water mix . it can clean lots of other stuff tho..
  • All-Purpose Cleaner, Degreaser & Spot Remover Awesome All Purpose Concentrated Cleaner (yellow) you can normally find this in any dollar store.http://www.lastotallyawesome.com/products/all-purpose/