Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

UPDATE!!! Sueded Headliner and SLP Grille finished! :D (many pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by 03limitedss
well i really dont like the Crest emblem either
TRAITOR! Don't tell Britney that - that's why she doesn't want to do the SLP grill mod, unless she can figure out a way to keep the bow tie on it.

Personally, I like it. I prefer to be badged as a "Monte Carlo" versus a Chevy...even though no one knows what the emblem is for.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:20 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I showed her how to but she still wont do it

Old 09-29-2011, 08:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mike 00LS
TRAITOR! Don't tell Britney that - that's why she doesn't want to do the SLP grill mod, unless she can figure out a way to keep the bow tie on it.

Personally, I like it. I prefer to be badged as a "Monte Carlo" versus a Chevy...even though no one knows what the emblem is for.
Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
I showed her how to but she still wont do it

i just really like the look of the grille for these montes :p

Old 09-30-2011, 03:53 AM

Zero info on the inspiration or process undertaken?

Old 09-30-2011, 08:30 AM

2011 Monte Of The Year

Originally Posted by Zeke
Zero info on the inspiration or process undertaken?
Well there's no other reason why I did it besides me liking the look of it over havin the crest there. and theres nothing to it, all u have to do is apply double sided tape to the grille and install it. Also if painting if u want it to be black underneath the grille

Old 10-02-2011, 11:10 PM

Where did you get the grille, filler panel/plate, "SS" logo? (I would go for a bowtie, but that is me ...)

Just from the pictures offered, it is so very hard to see, & believe, that you did not cut into the actual bumper of the car ... I cannot see how that "insert" comprised of white trim ring, black "mesh", & "SS" logo was fitted into that most tiny of areas ...

You make mention i an earlier response of double-sided tape. Were you referring to the fact that the "insert" remains in place to this day by double sided tape? Through wind? Rain? Car washes? Blah, blah, blah?

Old 10-02-2011, 11:56 PM

Nice Freaking job dude!... Very well done.

Two questions for you. What kind of spray paint did you use? And what did you do to paint your rims black? I might consider on painting my rims black.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:00 AM

2011 Monte Of The Year

Originally Posted by Zeke
Where did you get the grille, filler panel/plate, "SS" logo? (I would go for a bowtie, but that is me ...)

Just from the pictures offered, it is so very hard to see, & believe, that you did not cut into the actual bumper of the car ... I cannot see how that "insert" comprised of white trim ring, black "mesh", & "SS" logo was fitted into that most tiny of areas ...

You make mention i an earlier response of double-sided tape. Were you referring to the fact that the "insert" remains in place to this day by double sided tape? Through wind? Rain? Car washes? Blah, blah, blah?
The grille I got from eBay, just search "monte Carlo grille" and you'll see it for like $70
Filler plate I got from the junk yard.
SS logo from eBay as well and I have a bowtie on my grille now.

These grilles are made for our cars if u didn't know, so there is no cutting or any further modifications need to install it.
And yes double sided tape will hold up for a very very long time no matter what.
Hope that answers all ur questions goodluck bro

Originally Posted by 00SSsupercharged
Nice Freaking job dude!... Very well done.

Two questions for you. What kind of spray paint did you use? And what did you do to paint your rims black? I might consider on painting my rims black.
thanks man
I used duplicolors touch up paint, I believe it's the "perfect match" one where u have to get ur paint code and get the right Color to match ur cars color

For the rims I believe I used Rust o Leums Wheel Paint. Graphite in color

Old 10-04-2011, 10:56 PM

I used duplicolors touch up paint, I believe it's the "perfect match" one where u have to get ur paint code and get the right Color to match ur cars color

For the rims I believe I used Rust o Leums Wheel Paint. Graphite in color [/QUOTE]

For the rims did you just use rustoleoum graphite paint? Or did you use additional paint? for example, the primer paint and the clear coat paint.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by 03limitedss
I only spent around $80 at the most to do everything
And I need to get a new camera, im tired of these crappy iPhone 4 pics :p lol
just get a iphone 4s with better camera :p

Everything looks great though. I hate that they are all black interior but have a tan headliner..wtf?. Love the SLP grille I been wanting to do the same color as mine but haven't gotten around to painting it

Quick Reply: UPDATE!!! Sueded Headliner and SLP Grille finished! :D (many pics)