Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

UPDATE!!! Sueded Headliner and SLP Grille finished! :D (many pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 09:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Boxman420
i dont know i didnt think about that. i probably would paint the mirror on the visor and that little glove box up top in the middle on my LS where the home link is on the SS's. ill defintly let you know when i get to doing this. my mod list is so long right now though... lol . i appreciate it bro!
Ur welcome man, let me know for sure and I'll be glad to help out

Old 09-14-2011, 07:46 AM

I just saw this thread...I LOVE THE HEADLINER. I want to do something like that since mine is tan and is dirty now. I also think i want to repaint all thetrim inside the car like the A pillar and all of that since it gets dirty and is CRAZY to try to get clean because of the design with little tiny groves through out the car. What are some tips for doing the head liner and how long did it take.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:05 AM

2011 Monte Of The Year

Originally Posted by Montecarloguy07
I just saw this thread...I LOVE THE HEADLINER. I want to do something like that since mine is tan and is dirty now. I also think i want to repaint all thetrim inside the car like the A pillar and all of that since it gets dirty and is CRAZY to try to get clean because of the design with little tiny groves through out the car. What are some tips for doing the head liner and how long did it take.
Thanks man
Well it only took me a couple days, could've done it in 2 if it weren't for the heat lol.
As far as tips... Not much
Its always good to have a friend help when laying the fabric on the headliner. With the adhesive I used, the directions read that u must wait a couple of minutes after spraying to apply the fabric.. BULLCRAP! lol I learned the hard way :p
Do not wait minutes after spraying to lay the material down, u must lay it down ASAP or else the adhesive will lose it's tackiness
Also be careful when taking the headliner in and out of the car. Idk with the 7th gens, but on the 6th gens u have to bend it a little to get it out the door lol.
Make sure to cut more than what u think is enough fabric just in case it comes up short and doesn't cover the entire headliner
And make sure to take ur time!
Other than that it's a pretty simple task to DIY

Old 09-14-2011, 09:07 AM

looks great man, i think mine is already black, but that suede is so hot. Keep the back out going, tail lights and other thinks.

On my s10 i even tinted the dome light lol.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:56 PM

you got me sold on it!!! looks great!!!!!! hope it turns out just as good in my 98.

Old 09-17-2011, 03:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You should let the spray adhesive set for a few seconds to let it "dry up" a bit otherwise it can soak through the fabric.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03limitedss
Thanks man
Well it only took me a couple days, could've done it in 2 if it weren't for the heat lol...With the adhesive I used, the directions read that u must wait a couple of minutes after spraying to apply the fabric.. BULLCRAP! lol I learned the hard way :p
Do not wait minutes after spraying to lay the material down, u must lay it down ASAP or else the adhesive will lose it's tackiness
Originally Posted by lougreen03
You should let the spray adhesive set for a few seconds to let it "dry up" a bit otherwise it can soak through the fabric.
Do you think that maybe the high temperatures you had is why it dried so quickly and lost its adhesion? As Lou mentioned, I have seen it soak through the material when someone got in a hurry and didn't wait a couple minutes before laying the material down on a door panel. Just a thought...

Old 09-17-2011, 10:37 PM

2011 Monte Of The Year

Originally Posted by gothkid
looks great man, i think mine is already black, but that suede is so hot. Keep the back out going, tail lights and other thinks.

On my s10 i even tinted the dome light lol.
thanks
nahh im not trying to go all out, just on my interior

Originally Posted by 98monty
you got me sold on it!!! looks great!!!!!! hope it turns out just as good in my 98.
just take ur time and it will

Originally Posted by lougreen03
didnt soak through mine :p, the fabric i have is pretty thick actually

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Do you think that maybe the high temperatures you had is why it dried so quickly and lost its adhesion? As Lou mentioned, I have seen it soak through the material when someone got in a hurry and didn't wait a couple minutes before laying the material down on a door panel. Just a thought...
nah i doubt it, i sprayed it in the shade under a canopy :p
and i guess it also depends on the type of adhesive used?

i would say i waited about 30 seconds lol, the time it took to pick up the fabric and lay it down

Old 09-28-2011, 08:09 AM

Fantastic things you have done to make your 2003 Monte Carlo stand out from the rest, as I am trying to do with my 2003 SS, but there was ONE glaringly obvious question(s) left out of this entire thread: What about some info on the grille mod?!

If, & when, you get a moment, I would love if I could get a tad bit of information on what you did here ... What was your reason(ing) for doing it, etc. My reason? I am definitely NOT a fan of the Monte Carlo "logo" ... Just something that has never grown on me.

Well I will stop here & patiently await your response.

Be good,

Zeke
'11

Old 09-29-2011, 03:01 PM

2011 Monte Of The Year

Originally Posted by Zeke
Fantastic things you have done to make your 2003 Monte Carlo stand out from the rest, as I am trying to do with my 2003 SS, but there was ONE glaringly obvious question(s) left out of this entire thread: What about some info on the grille mod?!

If, & when, you get a moment, I would love if I could get a tad bit of information on what you did here ... What was your reason(ing) for doing it, etc. My reason? I am definitely NOT a fan of the Monte Carlo "logo" ... Just something that has never grown on me.

Well I will stop here & patiently await your response.

Be good,

Zeke
'11
well i really dont like the Crest emblem either :p
but i believe the "grille mod" just changes the whole front look of the car, Looks alot better

Quick Reply: UPDATE!!! Sueded Headliner and SLP Grille finished! :D (many pics)