Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Uncleanable dirt...wtf

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 07:49 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Uncleanable dirt...wtf

have you got the dirt off yet?

you may need to get something to strip teh wax off, wash the car, then wax it again. theres some stuff called purple power soap.. that'll take that wax off, VERY strong. you could also go to a paint shop and get some prep sol... it'll remove wax and oil off a surface before you paint a car.. but it may damage the paint, ijust don't know.

if it was up to me, i'd use the purple power soap. then wash it with regular soap, then wax the car again.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:57 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I got a bottle of Meguiar's car wash soap n wax as a door prize at a car show or cruise-in last year.

I would have used it but............ I got a bigger bottle of Turtle Wax car wash n wax and used it instead (not good) then found the bottle of Meguair's.

The car turned out okay. No major damage to the paint or anything. I did have to polish the rally stripes to get the water spots off. (yes I dried the car off)

You'll be amazed at the job the clay bar will do to your car.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:41 AM

well 2 days ago i bought some wax remover and tried it...well no dice it didnt work...it didnt look like it took the wax off of some of the car...i fear that i may have gotten overspray from the painters at work, which would mean expensive repairs that i cant afford...im gonna try it again but i doubt it will work

Old 07-05-2008, 12:02 PM

[align=center]Hi `Jeremy,[8D][/align][align=center]Good 2 C U online, but sad 2 read that you are still hav'in [/align][align=center]some problems with your uncleanable `dirt[X(][/align][align=center]I hope the below infor gives you more choices/solutions to[/align][align=center]your problems. If not, I would stop in @ a local detailer[/align][align=center]and ask for their advise. Many will freely look @ your problem[/align][align=center]& make suggestions/recommedations.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Wish you Good Luck & a Fun Summer.[/align][align=center]Peace/Out/`Space[/align][align=center][:-]
Ultima Elastrofoam Paint Cleaning System is a detail clay bar alternative that lasts longer than detail clay and eliminates clay limitations.
A single Elastrofoam cleaning block will clean twenty or more cars. The Ultima Cleaning Lubricant Gel is a patented gel lubricant designed to prevent scuffing while at the same time allowing a thorough cleaning.
[:-]
Detailing Car Clay Bar - Auto Clay Bar for Car Paint Contami...
Detailing Car Clay - Detailing Your Car's Paint How To Wax Your Car to ... Used properly it will remove heavy overspray without damaging the paint. ...
www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-clay.html - 25k - Similar pages
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-clay.html

[:-]
Car Care Detailing Paint
Handbook of tips and techniques for car detailing: Paint. ... These products are most frequently used to remove paint overspray from the vehicle's paint ...
www.carforums.com/auto_help/paint_care/car_clean... - 16k - Similar pages [/align][align=center][/align]

Old 07-07-2008, 11:19 AM
rj
15 Year Member

How much overspray do you think got on the car?

The '03 Pace car had white all over it when we first got it. It was a pain to clean off. Using your finger nail works the best in this situation.

I know there's a thinner you can buy to help remove overspray. It's called something like 3840? That's the number in large print on the can. I know this from experience.

Cause "Someone" (no idea who mind you) drove their mother's BRAND NEW LHS Mopar one day. Just so happens they were re-painting the white & yellow lines on the road this person went down. And this all black car ended up with yellow paint all over thepass side of the car. When they were spraying on the driver side when he passed them.
How................ beat me? I mean...... them????????

Road line paint has ground up glass in it. And it dries rock hard in a matter of minutes.

I got it all cleaned off. And my fingers were sore for a week!!!!

But the '03 Pace car, I picked most of the overspray off with my finger nail when I clay barred the car.

Old 08-03-2008, 02:40 PM

any luck with the dirt??

Old 08-12-2008, 09:11 PM

yep the paint thinner and finger nail worked... thanx rj