Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Turtle Wax ICE

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 08:54 AM
Default RE: Turtle Wax ICE

i have used a q-tip to get around the monte carlo. or useing ur pinky lol works for me..i got small fingers haha but this is the reason why i use the ice.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I just bought a bottle of this stuff. It's the synthetic spray wax. It's definitely a nice product for a quick wax. It does exactly as advertised. I still need to clay bar and put a good coat of wax on, but for an extra 10 minutes of rubbing after a wash, it's worth the price and I recommend it.

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-ICE...126577&sr=8-18

Old 05-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- October 2010

I tried the exterior wax on a section of the car and after it took me a half hour jsut to get it back off! I threw it out! I HATED IT! def not worth a 5 hour wax job. Meguiars tech wax is where its at!

Old 05-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Photobucket

Originally Posted by thumpingetocar06
I tried the exterior wax on a section of the car and after it took me a half hour jsut to get it back off! I threw it out! I HATED IT! def not worth a 5 hour wax job. Meguiars tech wax is where its at!
You're talking about the actual wax though, not the synthetic spray, correct?? I can't talk about that stuff, but this spray wax is really nice.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:03 PM

thats all i use on the interior. the ice that comes in the gel bottle.

most of their produts are great, but i dont like the tire gel.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:52 PM

Ditto on the tire gel... I used some black magic on some of my cars, it collects dust like you wouldn't believe, looks AWEFUL! It works nice for a little while... I'll just stick with the foam every other week, good enough for me!

On getting around the letterings... it's actually gotten so dirty on my car from previous owners, that I think i'm going to pull OFF the emblems and clean the car from there and put the emblems back on. I plan on getting some Meguiars compound #105 and #204 and get ALL the swirls out, then i'm going to either tech wax it, or a NEW wax I found on a Mustang forum, "wet obsession", It's a carunuba wax with no cleaners or chemicals in it... TONS of people swear by it, but it is a bit pricey... I'm gonna give it a try and see. The testimonies are just too good to pass up.

+2 on the ICE interior products. GREAT stuff! It smells a bit tho, like LAVA handsoap, I think... but it's great for not leaving a greasy film on the interior. Products like Armor All can and have cracked dashes in severe heat from the horror stories I hear down south. When you add an oil based grease to your dash with the addition of extreme heat, you'll get trouble!

I've used quite a bit of ICE's products, their all right, but i'm looking for more. I've used the Liquid clay bar, but I not sold on it being as effective as the actual bar, which I want to try next... Meguiars clay bar, of course!

Last edited by #2726; 05-18-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:02 AM

TW ICE is horrible and nowhere near the quality of any Meguiar's product! What an insult. The only TW product I have found that I like is their Platinum line Quick Detailer, that stuff is legit!

LOL @ you guys still dealing with detailing products that dust. I haven't had a detailing product that dusts since 2001. If you guys want a really nice wax that is as easy to apply AND remove as putting butter on toast, and won't dust at all look no further than your local Harley Davidson shop and stop in a pick up a jar of S100 paste wax. When I say it's as easy to apply and remove as buttering toast, that's no exaggeration! It doesn't dust, won't stain your plastic/rubber trim, is very durable and can be used to put the finishing touch on your windows too.

The $16 price tag might scare away some but those who give it a shot will wonder how they ever detailed a car without it. Yes, the jar is a little pricey but it makes life so much easier and it lasts a super long time too because you use very little for each application. I'm still working on a jar I bought back in 2004!

Old 05-19-2010, 12:13 AM

I live in Minnesota next to a MINE DUMP... there is NO getting around the dust, no matter what product is on...

S100 is a product for tires and trim or is it for use on a whole car?

I've heard the "butter" analogy before with some waxes... I'm still looking for that kind.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Photobucket

I never said it's the best stuff on earth or an alternative to an actual full waxing. I simply said that it does what it says it's suppose to do, and for 10 minutes extra work it gives the car a nice shine and smooth surface.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by #2627
I live in Minnesota next to a MINE DUMP... there is NO getting around the dust, no matter what product is on...

S100 is a product for tires and trim or is it for use on a whole car?

I've heard the "butter" analogy before with some waxes... I'm still looking for that kind.
S100 is a paste wax and I promise you that once you try this wax you will love it! I am not kidding when I say it applies AND REMOVES like butter, that's no exaggeration at all! You've been looking for that kind of wax, well here it is, now it's up to you to go out and get it.

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax ICE