Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Tire shine

Old 03-31-2012, 10:54 AM
3 Year Member
Default Tire shine

Has anyone tried the new black magic wet wax?? I'm looking to try a new tire shine this year I've used meguiars endurance armoral extreme shine titanium tire wet gel eagle one etc just seeing what you guys use and that lasts longer then a few days and don't turn brown

Old 03-31-2012, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by LTZEddy View Post
Has anyone tried the new black magic wet wax?? I'm looking to try a new tire shine this year I've used meguiars endurance armoral extreme shine titanium tire wet gel eagle one etc just seeing what you guys use and that lasts longer then a few days and don't turn brown
i got the new Meguiars Endurance Tire Shine and returned it after 15 minutes. WORST stuff i ever used in my LIFE. leaves this NASTY glue film on the tires/rims/wheel wells. and you have to SCRUB it off. makes a BIG mess. i hated it. i got Auto Magic. its the tire shine they use at my dealership i think you maybe able to order it online. it works very nicely. i also have eagle one

Old 03-31-2012, 11:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I used some black magic products but i'm not sure if it's what your asking about. The one I used was a gel with an applicator attached. It works good but im not sure the make it in that package anymore because i don't see it on the site. All I see is this.Titanium Tire Wet Gel | Black Magic Car Care Products

Old 03-31-2012, 11:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
10 Year Member

I have had good luck with the Armor All Gel with the applicator.

Trick is to use it on a cool tire, and basically NOT DRIVE for 24 hours.

Seemed to last a good 2-3 weeks.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:21 PM
3 Year Member

Yea it's a brand new product by black magic it says it lasts 8-10 weeks the meguiars did suck its still out in my garage full lol

Old 03-31-2012, 01:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by Mr.Monte View Post
i got the new Meguiars Endurance Tire Shine and returned it after 15 minutes. WORST stuff i ever used in my LIFE. leaves this NASTY glue film on the tires/rims/wheel wells. and you have to SCRUB it off. makes a BIG mess. i hated it.
Is this the stuff you're talking about?

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...eg-high-gloss/

I've been using it for a while now and get excellent results with it...never any of the problems you mention. I do apply it very sparingly, but even then only need to use it every other week. It's one of the better products I've tried. I haven't tried the Black Magic yet, but I might once all the Endurance is gone.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

The best tireshine I have used.....and doesnt Yellow out....

Future clear floor wax.......

Shines like anything, easy to clean and maintain
Doesnt dry out (crack) tires....

I use tire black on it first, and wesleys bleach white on the raised white letters!!!

Then seal it with the future floor wax!

Last edited by STUMPMI; 03-31-2012 at 01:23 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-31-2012, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE View Post
Is this the stuff you're talking about?

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...eg-high-gloss/

I've been using it for a while now and get excellent results with it...never any of the problems you mention. I do apply it very sparingly, but even then only need to use it every other week. It's one of the better products I've tried. I haven't tried the Black Magic yet, but I might once all the Endurance is gone.
no its this one

BEWARE.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:33 PM
3 Year Member

That's the exact one it goes on like a blue film n it's easy runny n looks like crap!!

Old 03-31-2012, 04:37 PM
3 Year Member

Really runny***

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire shine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.