Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Tire dressing...what do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 12:40 PM
Default RE: Tire dressing...what do you use?

careful his head will swell and make it hard to post in here.
LOL

Glad to hear it worked for you

Old 08-23-2005, 10:21 PM

Right now I'm using Black Magic Tire Wet Foam. You can spray the foam on the tires when they are wet or dry. Good stuff! Good results!

Old 08-23-2005, 11:09 PM

ORIGINAL: SilverMC_80

Right now I'm using Black Magic Tire Wet Foam. You can spray the foam on the tires when they are wet or dry. Good stuff! Good results!
Yeah, that's how the F21 is that I've been using on my tires until this weekend. Yess, finally it's gone! When you spray it on wet tires, you see the water get kicked to the curb like a $2 *****.

Mickey- if I mispel nething hurr, itz cuz my hed wont fit thru my bedrum doar[8D]

Old 08-24-2005, 01:02 AM

I didn't mention, but i wish mine was white. I drive an old white GP to work and home and down here you need a white or light colored car.

The ss is dark blue, and i guess it's pretty as i have gotten comments as such.. dark colors are a pain in the butt!!.[:@]

I looked at those pics again and after what i have runs out i might try that stuff. I like that " new" look.

Tj

Old 08-24-2005, 01:50 AM

ORIGINAL: 03SSdriver

I didn't mention, but i wish mine was white. I drive an old white GP to work and home and down here you need a white or light colored car.

The ss is dark blue, and i guess it's pretty as i have gotten comments as such.. dark colors are a pain in the butt!!.[:@]

I looked at those pics again and after what i have runs out i might try that stuff. I like that " new" look.

Tj
Ya know, I thought I was gonna hate cleaning this thing, but I stay on top of it and it doesn't get to the point where it's a pain to clean. I do have to get all the nooks and crannies, but it's never hard because I don't let it go. What I don't like about it is that it's very noticable when it gets dirty, it doesn't stay clean for long, and it has no depth. I would advise against the F21, it's expensive, doesn't last very long, is oil based and is made by Turtle Wax. You can get that look with any product on the market, you just have to wipe it off after application.

Old 08-24-2005, 02:04 AM

Humm.. interesting. I've found white hides dirt better than dark cars. Drive a white and black car thru a rain storm.

The white car is as dirty as the black, but the black shows more.I notice more flaws in body work more with dark colors. White is a body mans helper, dark is his enemy.

I suppose thats jmo, but i know others that agree and one does body work.

Compare 2 old black and white cars next to each other if you ever get the chance.

Your point about clean up... i think thats true to a point for any color car.
The better maintained, the easier to maintain. I've owned 2 white cars, and i love them.
The dark heats up ALOT easier in the sun, the white won't. I live in Fl.. so it's a noticeable difference... easily.

The dark blue ss shows all dirt. The ol' white GP won't.

I completely agree about the white having no depth. But then a clean white car has a certian.. i dunno...smooth elegant look that a dark car will never have.

Again jmo, but i think all chrome wheels on an all white car is cool. The powder coat might not look bad at all.... but solid chrome has a smoother look.

Hey, it's all good though.

Tj

Old 08-24-2005, 02:26 AM

ORIGINAL: 03SSdriver

Humm.. interesting. I've found white hides dirt better than dark cars. Drive a white and black car thru a rain storm.

The white car is as dirty as the black, but the black shows more.I notice more flaws in body work more with dark colors. White is a body mans helper, dark is his enemy.

I suppose thats jmo, but i know others that agree and one does body work.

Compare 2 old black and white cars next to each other if you ever get the chance.

Your point about clean up... i think thats true to a point for any color car.
The better maintained, the easier to maintain. I've owned 2 white cars, and i love them.
The dark heats up ALOT easier in the sun, the white won't. I live in Fl.. so it's a noticeable difference... easily.

The dark blue ss shows all dirt. The ol' white GP won't.

I completely agree about the white having no depth. But then a clean white car has a certian.. i dunno...smooth elegant look that a dark car will never have.

Again jmo, but i think all chrome wheels on an all white car is cool. The powder coat might not look bad at all.... but solid chrome has a smoother look.

Hey, it's all good though.

Tj
the last car I had was black so I know the difference. We all see things our own way, no worries. Having a white car has made me step my detail game up though, I'll tell you that. I am now forced to get the nooks and crannies that wouldn't even get noticed on a darker color car. But the good thing about it....the rock chips on my hood don't stand out when I wax the car, LOL.

Old 08-24-2005, 04:28 AM

belive it or not one of the bets colors to have is a tan or light silver or grey. they look cleaner then they are .

But mine is white and love it , But 04 is righ you have to make sue you look in to all of the cracks and body lines or they will build up on you and stand out . But if you keep up on them it is not to bad.

As far as white hiding and black not. Your right body shops love Whie cars they tend to hid alot better then most fo the dark colors. but that is also due to the shadows and reflections throwen from a dark car that a white car dont have.

But i agree the white is nice with the dark tires or even a chrome Rim.
I almost had a set of chrome stars from a camaro on mine but it was a rear wheel drive car and ours are well fwd. So the spacing would have been off.

Not sure they would look right under the car. But i can still get them. he wanted 100.00 Us for the set of them With tires (bald)

Old 08-24-2005, 04:34 AM

White hides alot of imperfections in the paint, no doubt. That's why I wasn't in much of a hurry to remove the swirls, cause you couldn't really see em unless you were really looking for em anyway.

Old 08-24-2005, 05:05 AM

true i have a scratch on my door still from the sing incident that i just found when i clay bared the car, So i have to get it back to the body shop and have them get rid of it . It was part of that whole deal they were suposed to take care of it.

Quick Reply: Tire dressing...what do you use?