Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Thoughts on interior Cleaner & Protectant

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Thoughts on interior Cleaner & Protectant

Howdy all!
For the past 15-20 years I've been using Armor All Multi-Purpose Auto Cleaner & Armorall Low Gloss Protectant. Armor All no longer makes the low gloss protectant and I don't like the greasy "Over shiny" that you get with the normal Armor All protectant. I noticed a lot of you seem to like the Meguirs line of cleaners. If I wanted to replace my Armor All cleaner AND protectant with something better, where should I look? Meguirs? Keeping in mind I don't want something TOO shiny. It can be a two product cleaner/protectant, or, if it works good enough, a one bottle solution.

Thanks!!!!
Russ

Old 11-21-2011, 09:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i see you are from Perry, IA. I am from Madrid and have a detail shop there. I dont really use stuff off the shelves. But might be able to get you some stuff if you want

are you wanting something to used on the dash and plastics and/or leather seats?

Old 11-22-2011, 07:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

On plastic interior parts I use a dilluted mixuture of Purple Power for cleaning, then follow up with Meguiars #40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner. I clean the leather with Lexol Leather Cleaner and follow up with Zainos Leather In A Bottle.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:25 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yup, I'm from north of Perry a couple miles. What is the name of your shop in Madrid? Might be closer to Spring, but I might be interested in seeing when you use if it isn't too cost prohibitive! :-) As far as where I'd use it, I have cloth seats. Mainly interested in use on the dash/interior plastic paneling.

Mike, That is a heck of a process! I'll assume it works pretty good though. I had never heard of Purple Power or Zainos Leather In A Bottle and have not had the oppertunity to use Meguiars #40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner. I use Lexol on my boots though! That works pretty good. More for me to think about! Good thing I have some time till spring!

THANKS!
Russ

Old 11-22-2011, 09:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Turtle Wax ICE interior cleaners are pretty good for the dash and doors. Very little glare and shiny in it.

Then I use leather conditioners and cleaners on my seats.

Old 11-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by rmorman
Yup, I'm from north of Perry a couple miles. What is the name of your shop in Madrid? Might be closer to Spring, but I might be interested in seeing when you use if it isn't too cost prohibitive! :-) As far as where I'd use it, I have cloth seats. Mainly interested in use on the dash/interior plastic paneling.

Mike, That is a heck of a process! I'll assume it works pretty good though. I had never heard of Purple Power or Zainos Leather In A Bottle and have not had the oppertunity to use Meguiars #40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner. I use Lexol on my boots though! That works pretty good. More for me to think about! Good thing I have some time till spring!

THANKS!
Russ

Our shop is called Gibbons Enterprise Inc. We could get you set up for a pretty decent price.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:31 PM

I use armor all gel on the dash and doors. I dont like the shiny look either, and find that using the gel very sparingly produces great results. The bottle of gel lasts a very long time, too.
I also use the meguires gold class leather cleaner/protectant on my seat. I love the way it smells, and it brings that proven quality.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
Old 12-22-2011, 01:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

I only use Adams products. But I use Zainos leather in a bottle on the leather the smell is wonderful and great protection on the leather.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

I also use Meguiar's Gold Class leather cleaner and conditioner on the seats. Works great and smells good. Dad uses it on his cars too.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on interior Cleaner & Protectant