Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/)
-   -   Thoughts on interior Cleaner & Protectant (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/thoughts-interior-cleaner-protectant-32262/)

rmorman 11-21-2011 03:33 PM

Thoughts on interior Cleaner & Protectant

Howdy all!
For the past 15-20 years I've been using Armor All Multi-Purpose Auto Cleaner & Armorall Low Gloss Protectant. Armor All no longer makes the low gloss protectant and I don't like the greasy "Over shiny" that you get with the normal Armor All protectant. I noticed a lot of you seem to like the Meguirs line of cleaners. If I wanted to replace my Armor All cleaner AND protectant with something better, where should I look? Meguirs? Keeping in mind I don't want something TOO shiny. It can be a two product cleaner/protectant, or, if it works good enough, a one bottle solution.

Thanks!!!!
Russ

xxtheshockerxx 11-21-2011 09:27 PM

i see you are from Perry, IA. I am from Madrid and have a detail shop there. I dont really use stuff off the shelves. But might be able to get you some stuff if you want :D

are you wanting something to used on the dash and plastics and/or leather seats?

03SSLE 11-22-2011 07:27 AM

On plastic interior parts I use a dilluted mixuture of Purple Power for cleaning, then follow up with Meguiars #40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner. I clean the leather with Lexol Leather Cleaner and follow up with Zainos Leather In A Bottle.

rmorman 11-22-2011 08:25 AM

Yup, I'm from north of Perry a couple miles. What is the name of your shop in Madrid? Might be closer to Spring, but I might be interested in seeing when you use if it isn't too cost prohibitive! :-) As far as where I'd use it, I have cloth seats. Mainly interested in use on the dash/interior plastic paneling.

Mike, That is a heck of a process! I'll assume it works pretty good though. I had never heard of Purple Power or Zainos Leather In A Bottle and have not had the oppertunity to use Meguiars #40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner. I use Lexol on my boots though! That works pretty good. More for me to think about! Good thing I have some time till spring!

THANKS!
Russ

ChibiBlackSheep 11-22-2011 09:16 AM

Turtle Wax ICE interior cleaners are pretty good for the dash and doors. Very little glare and shiny in it.

Then I use leather conditioners and cleaners on my seats.

xxtheshockerxx 11-22-2011 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by rmorman (Post 384329)
Yup, I'm from north of Perry a couple miles. What is the name of your shop in Madrid? Might be closer to Spring, but I might be interested in seeing when you use if it isn't too cost prohibitive! :-) As far as where I'd use it, I have cloth seats. Mainly interested in use on the dash/interior plastic paneling.

Mike, That is a heck of a process! I'll assume it works pretty good though. I had never heard of Purple Power or Zainos Leather In A Bottle and have not had the oppertunity to use Meguiars #40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner. I use Lexol on my boots though! That works pretty good. More for me to think about! Good thing I have some time till spring!

THANKS!
Russ

Our shop is called Gibbons Enterprise Inc. We could get you set up for a pretty decent price.

Snyderman 12-13-2011 09:31 PM

I use armor all gel on the dash and doors. I dont like the shiny look either, and find that using the gel very sparingly produces great results. The bottle of gel lasts a very long time, too.
I also use the meguires gold class leather cleaner/protectant on my seat. I love the way it smells, and it brings that proven quality.

lougreen03 12-13-2011 10:36 PM

they have a lot of nice products here. Link:Car Care, Detail Supplies, Garage Organization, Car Accessories - Griot's Garage 800-345-5789

Mels SS 12-22-2011 01:51 PM

I only use Adams products. But I use Zainos leather in a bottle on the leather the smell is wonderful and great protection on the leather.

06mistreSS 12-23-2011 08:50 AM

I also use Meguiar's Gold Class leather cleaner and conditioner on the seats. Works great and smells good. Dad uses it on his cars too.