Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Split Between Interior Quarter Panel

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Default Split Between Interior Quarter Panel

I was looking at my back seat today and noticed that toward the back of the quarter panel where the upper plastic meets the lower plastic the space is getting bigger. Can someone look at there back quarter panel both sides and let me know if that is happening in there car?

The part where the rear window plastic meets the armrest plastic.

Passenger side looks correct , but the driver side near the rear seat I can see it spacing out.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Probably not snapped in right, or maybe a clip is broke. You should be able to move it around a bit and correct it. Try pulling the back seat, maybe.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:04 PM

I was back there looking around and accidently put too much weight on the arm rest, causing the whole lower back panel to pop out. I found three plugs that I am unable to reuse to pop it back in. Do you know if there are more than three plug/clips that hold it in place? I am surprised that is all that is keeping that in place. I wonder if the previous owner was back there pulling it apart. The top portion looks fine, it is the lower portion that has popped loose.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:03 PM

heyy..

I noticed this too after hearing some squeeky sounds. I got in my backseat and noticed the split and gazed down in there to see styrofoam blocks creating the noises.

Just curious as to whats the best approach to fixing this and/or keeping it fixed... it seems like a lot of the panels in my monte look shoddily secured (besides the door panels which are fine).

Do I need to remove my backseats and re-align all my damn panels just to get rid of this nasty looking split thats occuring. It's exactly like the OP described, it's not THAT bad.. but the looks of it bother me.

I'll get pics up soon if I can.

ANy advice would be great!