Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 11:32 PM
Default Seat Covers

I am just wondering if there is anyone out there that has put seat covers over their leather seats. I have a 2006 Monte, and it has leather seats, and I was wondering if there was anything out there that I could cover them with that would allow the heated seats to still work, and also give it a sporty look.

Old 01-29-2007, 04:41 AM
Default RE: Seat Covers

yeah you can use neoprem, it will allow it to breat, and also water proof.
as far as the heated seats go if you have anythign real think it wont be as effective.
btu other thent that the cheaper ones you cna find might work. im jus tnot a real fan of them.
I dont have any seat covers on mine as i dont liek the look of the ones i can find to fit mine. also very few companies make one to fit your back seat.
exampel. the ones for my 6th gen are 400.00 for all of the seats adn like 200. is for the rear seat alone and you will lose the fold down capability of them

Old 01-31-2007, 10:40 AM

I was looking into getting some myself... neoprene - black with the blue middles... CoverKing custom makes them - $200 for the set - but they only do the front seats for our Montes.

http://www.coverking.com/customseatcovers.html

Old 01-31-2007, 10:48 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

your not gonna get the flowery ones on the site a set of pink ones might look nice...lmao!! jk

Old 01-31-2007, 10:50 AM

Lewis, if you do get seatcovers, please post pic's.
Thanks for posting with the link to coverking.
I don't have leather : ( The seats get really hot in the summer here
in Florida. Mine is cloth and is light gray (shows everything [X(])
I throw Beach Towels over mine to protect them : )
Don't you like the leather ? or do you just want to protect it ?
How is your leather wearing ? Do you think it's good quality ?
Keep the forum posted.
Thanks, Space

Old 01-31-2007, 11:00 AM

I love the leather, and they're holding up/wearing very well - they look better than new -- I clean and condition them regularly... I just want the blue center section on my seats and the neoprene cover is the only way to get that, without having the seats totally custom re-upholstered... and they don't offer their leather covers with the blue in the centers - otherwise I'd get the leather ones.

The freakin' Cobalt SS comes stock with black leather with the red leather centers - why can't they offer that on the Monte???!!!

Old 01-31-2007, 11:12 AM

ORIGINAL: 06MonteSS
The freakin' Cobalt SS comes stock with black leather with the red leather centers - why can't they offer that on the Monte???!!!
Lewis, thanks for the fast reply.
I think Chevy didn't put that much detailed effort
into the new revision of the 06-07 Monte Carlo [X(],
and put their efforts into other models like the Cobalt SS, Malibu
&etc. Monte'sbecame the neglected child.
(They don't want him in the house anymore)[X(]
Monte's had there run & sales were slipping
Thanks again, Space

Old 01-31-2007, 11:31 AM

this being the last eyar of production for the Montes they are not goign to give you to much . It is basically useing the parts they need to up so they have room . With luck in a few years it will come back with the rwd and a v-8 but i honestly dont see it to much. or it will be a 4dr. sedan in stead of a sports coupe.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:17 PM

Where did you see that they are not going to be making the Monte Carlo anymore??? Is it somewhere online? Can you post a link of it? If they do not make the Monte after this year, I do not know what I am going to do in 2 years when I buy my next one. The 2006 Monte I just bought was my 6th one, and I have loved each and every one of them. I strayed for a few years in the early 90's when I had young kids, changing to a Pontiac Grand Am for a little while, but once I was able to, I bought myself another Monte in 96, and have owned 2 more since then.

Not to sound rude, but wouldn't a 4 door sedan model of the Monte Carlo be the Impala?

Old 02-01-2007, 04:02 AM

umm yeah man the 4dr. would be a imp.
but they are no longer making the monte after the 07 model year.
I actually talkied to Fred simmon on this and he confirmed it. but there is a thread here about it also.
it has been documented buy a few here.

As far as what to do. i guess i would not sell the one ya have or get a new one and hang on to it. With any luck they will bring it back. But i almost think this is somthignthye are doing due to the Camaro comming out shortly. mabe thinking if we dont have the monte we will move to the CAmaro.

Quick Reply: Seat Covers