Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

RS Badges?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RS Badges?

I was looking around for sill plates today and found the GM ones for $97.14, cheaper than anywhere else, but still more than I want to drop right now. The website also had these RS badges for the '07, or so they say.

ChevroletPartsPeople.com

These are new to my knowledge, granted I don't really want to drop $76.97 plus about $8-9 for shipping on a couple emblems, an interior badge, and a keychain. But they got me thinking about looking into getting some RS badges and turn my 3LT into an RS.

Anyone know of the history for the RS badge? I know there were RS Camaros, and I've heard of RS Colbats and Cavaliers. Space, where are you buddy?

Edit: Found them on GMPartsDirect.com aswell, only $70.04 on there, but no idea on shipping. The more I look at these the more and more I'm considering them. Once I get my stripes (I'm pretty sure I've decided that I'm going to get them painted on a few inches wider than the stock option) I think these emblems would look pretty nice.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:00 AM
Default RE: RS Badges?

yeh man go for it that be unique as hell and would look nice... plus you'd have some people wondering when they came out with monte carlo rs's lol

Old 12-31-2007, 12:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

There is an old hot rodders' saying...RS...REAL SLOW!!!

Old 12-31-2007, 06:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

If I remember right, the RS was designated to camaros that were one step down from the SS. In the most current camaro that meant the V6 version. If anything, go with some SS badging. It would probably be cheaper to pick them up since they are not custom pieces like the RS badges.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:31 AM

lol idk... i was saying that cause i dont like the whole idea of badging your car an ss if it really isnt... the v6 montes are like the rs versions to the new v8 ss's

Old 12-31-2007, 12:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: mrl390

If I remember right, the RS was designated to camaros that were one step down from the SS. In the most current camaro that meant the V6 version. If anything, go with some SS badging. It would probably be cheaper to pick them up since they are not custom pieces like the RS badges.
The RS was many steps down from the SS. I know, I had one.

The RS had the hidden headlights, the bucket seats and console, the racing stripes, but it had the plain 2 barrel, 175 hp 327 with the bottom end Sanginaw tranny.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: The Black Machine 29
lol idk... i was saying that cause i dont like the whole idea of badging your car an ss if it really isnt... the v6 montes are like the rs versions to the new v8 ss's
That's what my thoughts were exactly.

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer
lThe RS was many steps down from the SS. I know, I had one.
I've always thought of the RS as being an appearance package and the SS as being the performance and that both packages could come in the same vehicle, like my dad's '71 Camaro SS/RS.
If you look at the car they pictured them on, it has the GM Accessory wheels, but that is much of an appearance package as there isn't anything else done to it.

ORIGINAL: mrl390
I don't want to badge my car with the SS emblems 'cause the 3.9L is no V8 and doesn't have any of the other SS's upgrades. Only time I would add SS badges to one of my vehicles would be if I managed to drop in a larger engine with better performance than the stock SS. But that's just me, I feel that the SS badge is something special, and I don't even like how Chevy went ahead and slapped a few vehicles with SS that are a far cry from being worthy.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:44 AM

true that lol

Old 01-01-2008, 04:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Well if you dont want to badge it as an SS because it isnt one, then dont badge it as a RS because it sure as hell isnt one either. Why not just leave it as it is. Badging doesnt make it faster nor does it make it worth any more. Plus dropping 70+ dollars for them is a bit rediculous if you ask me.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:38 AM

yeh but its better badging it an rs simply the fact for what the rs standed for is what the v6 models stand for to the ss

Quick Reply: RS Badges?