Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Re-dressed the engine bay.....lol

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 07:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MJClemm
Gonna have to look around the garage... And basement.... Need to cover them, that looks so much nicer.....
The covers on the nuts I cut them down with scissors ..

Old 06-26-2013, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by zjerry
The strut covers are coasters I got from ebay glued on some plastic piece I found..
Here's a pic of my other ones I made..
Made them from coasters and cans from mix nuts , painted cans black and glued coasters on top...
They just sit on top I will put them on at car shows only..

After seeing the way everyone has been using some different things for strut covers, I found these to do mine today...lol... (See pic). You will NEVER guess where I found them...

Attached Thumbnails Re-dressed the engine bay.....lol-image.jpg  
Old 06-26-2013, 12:12 AM

Any guess where or what these Strut tower covers are made of and ill give you a Strut Tower brace... For FREE!.....lol...

Anyone guess ?

Attached Thumbnails Re-dressed the engine bay.....lol-image.jpg  
Old 06-27-2013, 10:52 AM

Beautiful engines guys! I'm new to the Monte, want to take good care of it though. Wonder how you get (and maintain) the engine looking so clean? It's my daily driver, got 'normal' gunk on it. On previous cars I've just used a can of engine degreaser every few months but it wasn't really worth it to do more than that. Hope this isn't a dumb question...

Old 06-28-2013, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by bfenty
Beautiful engines guys! I'm new to the Monte, want to take good care of it though. Wonder how you get (and maintain) the engine looking so clean? It's my daily driver, got 'normal' gunk on it. On previous cars I've just used a can of engine degreaser every few months but it wasn't really worth it to do more than that. Hope this isn't a dumb question...

thanks for the compliment, what I did was pressure wash, scrub down all the parts , keep it washed , make sure there are NO LEAKS, ANYWHERE !!.... then just detail away !..

Old 07-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015
Default More cleaning engine bay

More cleaning coil packs next.Thanks to Jen I saw how bad it was. Getting better.Before on the right.

Attached Thumbnails Re-dressed the engine bay.....lol-zzz.jpg   Re-dressed the engine bay.....lol-zzz003.jpg   Re-dressed the engine bay.....lol-zzzz.jpg   Re-dressed the engine bay.....lol-z085.jpg  
Old 07-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

hey i wanna get it on the action lol

Old 07-06-2013, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by butch049
More cleaning coil packs next.Thanks to Jen I saw how bad it was. Getting better.Before on the right.
Sweet, were did you get the SS oil cap ? Is it a billet ? I like that .. Great job... I was just going to clean my coil packs because they looked so dirty, after I took them off, #4&6 had a good bit of rust on them (contact points where the plug snaps on ). So, just decided to wire brush the rust off, then got all fancy and had to paint them as well.... Turned out nice, worth the hour 1/2 it took....a great point was brought up about my Spider though.. The black widow doesn't look right on the Carbon Fiber, So, I'm changing the carbon fiber look to something else... Gotta think of what though... Mjclemm...

Old 07-07-2013, 07:13 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015

Originally Posted by MJClemm
Sweet, were did you get the SS oil cap ? Is it a billet ? I like that .. Great job... I was just going to clean my coil packs because they looked so dirty, after I took them off, #4&6 had a good bit of rust on them (contact points where the plug snaps on ). So, just decided to wire brush the rust off, then got all fancy and had to paint them as well.... Turned out nice, worth the hour 1/2 it took....a great point was brought up about my Spider though.. The black widow doesn't look right on the Carbon Fiber, So, I'm changing the carbon fiber look to something else... Gotta think of what though... Mjclemm...
Thanks got cap on e-bay camero will fit also mzr performance has some nice stuff strut covers etc. Thanks again like yours to