Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Oops! Any cleaning experts out there?

Old 01-15-2013, 01:39 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Oops! Any cleaning experts out there?

Hey guys! i know its been awhile since ive posted, been running around alot and work and havent got to get on really. But i have a good question for you guys. My GF has a 2010 Jeep Compass Sport W/ Cloth seats. It just so happens she put a paper bag with a brownie on the seat and the Oil/Grease leaked out and left this ugly stain behind. We tried using some warm/hot water with some Dawn dish soap. I think it looks like it made it a little lighter.. BUT we want it GONE. and as time goes by the harder it will be. SO.... What are OUR options? I didnt want to use any harsh chemicals because i didnt want it to discolor the seats..

any idea if Spot Shot will work? or a Magic Eraser? will i have to Shampoo the seat?

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!

Old 01-15-2013, 05:40 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hello, I agree the longer it remains the worse the stain sets. I'm sure you went on the Inet looking for solutions. I did too and found this cleaning tip. You already did the soap as suggested, how about the hand cleaner tip? Maybe some members wives will chime in with a solution for you... Plus it may pay to have a professional remove it for $50 or so and thus prevent a possible bad case scenario from developing and then your looking at a larger repair cost. Good luck to you.....

Cooking Oil Stain Removal from Clothing

The most effective way to remove grease stains from laundry is to treat the stain with a dishwashing detergent that is formulated to remove grease. Rub it into the stain, let sit for a few minutes, then wash as usual. Waterless mechanic's soap (from an auto-parts store) is also very effective at cutting grease. Grease is very effective at removing grease, so you could also rub Crisco into the stain, then launder.

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 01-15-2013 at 06:11 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, you tried my first guess. I've attacked food grease stains in clothing with dish soap (since it has a degreasing agent in it, that helps).

My next measures would be:
- Use a can of Blue Coral Upholstery Cleaner (honest, I saw that stuff "lift" an old pop stain off car carpeting). You can buy that can at any auto parts store.
- Get a hold of a Bissel "Little Green Machine" and mix some of their cleaning solution up and attack it with that.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Pop the seat out, take the cloth off and get that stuff soaking.