Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

new tail light covers

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: new tail light covers

its prolly not legal in wisconsin either but idc really lol

Old 01-17-2008, 09:18 PM
Default RE: new tail light covers

Actually you shouldn't be pulled over because of it. It leaves a flat finish,but because it's see through-It stops light from going IN the taillights (so it can't reflect back out). So when the car is off they look black. Turn the lights on, and you can only tell it's there in the dimmer parts. At most it changes total brighness by 5%... there's cars out there that are so dirty you can't see the taillights at ALL hardly, and they never get pulled over!

If you're really worried about it, leave the reflector ring un-painted with the stuff, so at night you still get the reflector effect so noone runs into ur car and claims they didn't see it (Even though the statelicense plateshould be reflective)

At least in the 7th gens that is in the shape of a circle, so it would look kinda cool as a two-tone taillight.

Speaking of taillight mods, has anyone seen the dealer that sold the laser cut aluminium 3rd brakelight covers? all I can find on ebay are the fugly during the daytime Vinyls... What I can't figgure out is that they want 5$ and I got the aluminium one for 20$ shipped (maybe 25, not much)

I actually have one I got for my 6th gen (03) but it has the cursive style text for Monte Carlo, instead of the 7th gen writing. The dealer didn't want it on there, so I've been thinking of selling it, but if I can't find anything else I don't want to be without it, cause it is rather unique.