Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Need To Remove Trunk Emblems. How?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Default Need To Remove Trunk Emblems. How?

I want to replace the silver "Monte Carlo" and blue with silver trim "Bowtie" from the trunk on my Monte. I have a black car and I want to replace them with black emblems. Is there an easy way you have found to remove them without hurting the paint?

Old 03-06-2006, 01:03 AM
Default RE: Need To Remove Trunk Emblems. How?

I know some people have use a hair dryer, for those dealship stickers. It might work for the emblem.

Old 03-06-2006, 11:30 AM

Dental Floss works great for this.

Old 03-06-2006, 11:45 AM

dental floss or mono fishing line works great small test works best

[IMG]local://upfiles/99/E5FAD75809BC4BAF892C827CDBE6CC80.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-10-2006, 03:44 PM

ORIGINAL: montejass

Dental Floss works great for this.

as does fishing line. I will be debadging my car in a couple days.

Old 04-10-2006, 06:19 PM

i use dental floss as it has a wax coating on it and it will help it slide therw there with out scratching

also if you plan to put diffrent emblems on it remember to not wax it before you do it or they will not stick long and you will lose them on the road someplace.

i always use a bit of dawn dish soap to prep the area so it will remove the wax and grease that is in the area so they adhear good then after they are one there for a day or two so i know they are on real good i will go in and wax it around the emblem with a good sealer to help protect the area.

Good luck
I took mine off and almost like ti better this way looks cleaner to me.

but drives folks nuts trying to figure out what it is. lol

Old 04-11-2006, 05:34 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

i use dental floss as it has a wax coating on it and it will help it slide therw there with out scratching

also if you plan to put diffrent emblems on it remember to not wax it before you do it or they will not stick long and you will lose them on the road someplace.

i always use a bit of dawn dish soap to prep the area so it will remove the wax and grease that is in the area so they adhear good then after they are one there for a day or two so i know they are on real good i will go in and wax it around the emblem with a good sealer to help protect the area.

Good luck
I took mine off and almost like ti better this way looks cleaner to me.

but drives folks nuts trying to figure out what it is. lol
Thanks for the tips mickey! The badges are coming off on Wednesday!

Old 04-17-2006, 12:15 AM

Well, I just took my emblems off a few weeks ago. I replaced the silver "Monte Carlo" script from the trunk as well as the blue with silver trim "bowtie". I used a heat gun (being carefull not to get to close to the paint). once they heated up the emblems pealed right off. I have black 2002 LS. I replaced the emblems with a black "Monte Carlo" script and a gold "Bowtie". The gold "bowtie" I orded from a parts dealer. It is the one made for the trunk on the new 2006 Monte's. Looks sharp!

Old 04-17-2006, 02:25 AM

ORIGINAL: DuluthMonte

Well, I just took my emblems off a few weeks ago. I replaced the silver "Monte Carlo" script from the trunk as well as the blue with silver trim "bowtie". I used a heat gun (being carefull not to get to close to the paint). once they heated up the emblems pealed right off. I have black 2002 LS. I replaced the emblems with a black "Monte Carlo" script and a gold "Bowtie". The gold "bowtie" I orded from a parts dealer. It is the one made for the trunk on the new 2006 Monte's. Looks sharp!
All bragging about any mods/upgrades must be accompanied by pictures[8D]

Old 04-24-2006, 08:04 PM

Your right, a photo should be included:-) Here ya' go! (provided I have a clue on how to upload a photo:-)).

[IMG]local://upfiles/863/E532DF9849F3476C86E3B9F1697C8D5E.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Need To Remove Trunk Emblems. How?