Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Mr. Clean Auto Dry

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Default Mr. Clean Auto Dry

I'm not sure if I'm on my own here, but I feel that this is quite possibly the best way to wash your car. IMO the less material you have in contact with your paint, the less likely you'll get unsightly swirl marks, etc. As long as you keep fresh filters in the sparyer, you will get a spot free shine everytime. Being you don't have to dry it by hand only reduces the chances of creating swirl marks in your paint.

I use this product religiously, and I want you to keep in mind that my car has a SHOW QUALITY PAINT JOB AND IS BLACK TO BOOT!!! If it works for my car, it will definately work for yours.

BTW I have nothing to gain from this. Just wanted to share with others, because I was skeptical for a very long time when it first came out. But I broke down and tried it last year, and haven't looked back. It's a legit product.

Old 11-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Default RE: Mr. Clean Auto Dry

For the record the only other products that touch my car are Meguiars.

Old 11-26-2006, 02:41 PM

I agree 100%. I'm on my 2nd one after my 1st one got so much soap spilled on it the **** wouldn't turn. Its also alot easier than having to dry your car which saves alot of time. Its a really good product.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:20 AM

Hi Kurt, great product review on Mr Clean Auto Dry.
It sure keeps your awesome Monte look'in great....
How many washes do you get before you have to change
the filter ? Thanks for the review...

Oh, Yellow- Monte Carlo, I really like your new sig `pic.
It's clean & detailed....Great pic..Safe/Happy/Mr Clean miles.
!Space

Old 11-27-2006, 10:28 AM

I use it as well on all my cars, it works great!

Old 11-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i tried it once on my truck before i got the car and it didn't work at all, maybe i did it wrong, but i did it the way the instructions said, and the truck was still filthy.

i figured you had to wash the car regularly, then wash it with that, which in my opinion would have been a waste of time

i haven't tried it on the monte, but then i did return it cuz i wasn't happy with it

then again, maybe it just doesn't work on orange

Old 11-27-2006, 11:29 AM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

Hi Kurt, great product review on Mr Clean Auto Dry.
It sure keeps your awesome Monte look'in great....
How many washes do you get before you have to change
the filter ? Thanks for the review...

Oh, Yellow- Monte Carlo, I really like your new sig `pic.
It's clean & detailed....Great pic..Safe/Happy/Mr Clean miles.
!Space

I usually change it every 4-5 just to be 100% sure it works correctly. You can actually get more out of it though.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:59 PM

I change mine every 10. I did the math and with filters and soap it comes out to $2 per wash. Its still the cheapest and best way I know of to wash a car.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:17 PM

I've only used it 3 times, but I get this white film all over the car and it looks horrible. Evertime I bring it to the local wash and drop $7. I might just have a bad "new" filter and will by swapping it and trying it again probably in the spring when it warms up.

Old 11-29-2006, 11:24 AM

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

I've only used it 3 times, but I get this white film all over the car and it looks horrible. Evertime I bring it to the local wash and drop $7. I might just have a bad "new" filter and will by swapping it and trying it again probably in the spring when it warms up.

Weird. Like I said I have an all black car, and the body and paint are show condition. Never had a problem. Something must be wrong. I always rinse it off at least twice to make sure all the soap is off of it.

Quick Reply: Mr. Clean Auto Dry