Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

MJClemm Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 12:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

it does suck, it wasn't a very good weekend, i wanna see MJ's pics and see what he has to say about it!

Old 05-15-2011, 02:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

wish I lived closer so you could do mine. nice job.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:43 AM
Default SaaaaaaWEEEEEeeeeT

Originally Posted by trewyn15
it does suck, it wasn't a very good weekend, i wanna see MJ's pics and see what he has to say about it!
First off I would LOVE to thank him for such a GREAT JOB on the car. When I bought the car, the ONLY thing that I didnt like was the Pait job, I thought It would need an entire new coat of paint, + Clear.... BUT thought that if I found someone that knew what they were doing, MAY be able to do soething with the paint.... WELL I DID, He did such a good job I would recommend him to EVERYONE that needs it done, Im haveing him do my other Monte as well (I have a red one as well) He made that car COME ALIVE, I will post some pictures of the car as soon as a decent day for pics. This darn Wisconsin weather, I BELIEVE that Summer is over already. BUT In person, its night and day differance of what it looked like. I am EXTREAMLY pleased on how the car turned out. I didnt expect it to look as good as it does.. Im Impressed with his work to say the least. IF you are in his area of business, HAVE him give your car a sweet touch and youll think you just bought a new one.... I dont know how else to put it... except, VERY HAPPY and excited to drive a sweeter Monte thanks is not enough ~~~~~ Kudos ! MJC

Old 05-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

can't wait to see your pics Michael, I'm glad you found somone to get your car detailed for you and if he was closer to me I'd have him detail my car also......

Old 05-15-2011, 05:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sweet! That one cloth pictured was very grimy. Looks like you had your work cut out for you. The trunk picture really shows a remarkable difference. NICE JOB!!

Old 05-15-2011, 06:08 PM

[quote=MJClemm;324915]First off I would LOVE to thank him for such a GREAT JOB on the car. When I bought the car, the ONLY thing that I didnt like was the Pait job, I thought It would need an entire new coat of paint, + Clear....

I have the same problem - the ONLY thing I don't like about my 2007 Monte is the color (it's white). What would you recommend? The body shop I took it to wants $5000 to paint it red; Maaco will do it for $2500, but lots of people say Maaco isn't a good idea (paint could flake or fade after a few years). I'm not sure what to do next - I really want to change it to Victory Red. Any suggestions?

Old 05-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by Possum
I have the same problem - the ONLY thing I don't like about my 2007 Monte is the color (it's white). What would you recommend? The body shop I took it to wants $5000 to paint it red; Maaco will do it for $2500, but lots of people say Maaco isn't a good idea (paint could flake or fade after a few years). I'm not sure what to do next - I really want to change it to Victory Red. Any suggestions?
if the color is bothering you that much...i would just trade it on a victory red one and save the hassle of getting it painted

Old 05-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

looks great! Black is hard to do. You did a great job

Old 05-15-2011, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member

[QUOTE=Possum;325078]
Originally Posted by MJClemm
First off I would LOVE to thank him for such a GREAT JOB on the car. When I bought the car, the ONLY thing that I didnt like was the Pait job, I thought It would need an entire new coat of paint, + Clear....

i agree with shocker, in order to repaint it you would need to pull the monte among alot of other work, i would just trade it.

But black and white are opposites in detailing also. With black it is easy to look clean, but all the faults show and is harder to detail. With white is is hard to look clean but really easy to detail and the faults dont show as well.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

real good job jonny!

Quick Reply: MJClemm Monte Carlo