Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Leather Conditioners.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 02:17 PM

Has any of you tried Lexol leather conditioners? I'm also using Meguiar's, but I've read that this product from Ace is also good for leather restoration.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have used meguiars for the last year and 1/2 but I recently found Leather Honey
Leather Conditioner, Premium Products - Leather Honey
and I have to say it took my 10 year old seats and made them as soft as new and they are not slick or shiny they are just soft and supple as new !! I love this stuff !! please give it a try every one !! and if you get a chance check the sight out and read the reviews

Old 07-02-2011, 06:30 PM

I bought Voodoo leather conditioner made by Surf City Garage and I am impressed with how it worked on my 14 year old Chevy Blazer seats. Made them nice and soft and now my car smells like leather Well worth the 10 or 12 bucks and is very easy to apply and use.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mels SS
Zainos is the best and the one that smells so much like leather it will blow your mind.
And I have tried them all over the years.
Z-10 Leather in a Bottle: Zaino Store
I tried this on my seats yesterday, and I'm hooked. It left a nice, natural look to the leather, softened it to the touch and the interior of the vehicle smells like fresh leather. I have been using Lexol products for years, but their leather conditioner is now a thing of the past. I still want to try the Surf City product, but it's going to have to really perform well to put the Zaino product on the back shelf. I also picked up a bottle of their glass cleaner/polish, but haven't had a chance to try it yet. If it works as well as their Leather In A Bottle my windows are in for a treat.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

I still have surf city I tried it on the truck take it from me you will stay with Zainos.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:09 AM

i got the meguiars conditioner in a spray bottle. so far i have no complaints.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

There glass polish remove all water spots and other thing you cant remove with glass cleaner. Its like clay for glass.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:56 PM

A lot of old Jag owners swear by 'Leatherique' to keep old leather conditioned and prevent drying. Home Page | Leatherique Restoration Products

Old 07-27-2011, 06:32 PM

Well I went to the dark side and used a non leather cleaner. After using every product including voodoo and Zymol is still couldn't get my seats clean. They were too dirty cause of where I work and just could not get rid off the dark grime, oil layer. I used a small bucket with some Simple Green and a soft nylon brush and a microfiber towel. After a few scrubs the light grey color came out. It looks brand new again. Even the cracks which had dirt in they went away. I followed it with some Voodoo Leather Conditioner to protect it and couldn't be happier.

I know some wont go this route but I had no choice since nothing would get it out. Now I just need to know how to clean the set belts? Those look nasty now.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by kingreyna
Well I went to the dark side and used a non leather cleaner. After using every product including voodoo and Zymol is still couldn't get my seats clean. They were too dirty cause of where I work and just could not get rid off the dark grime, oil layer. I used a small bucket with some Simple Green and a soft nylon brush and a microfiber towel. After a few scrubs the light grey color came out. It looks brand new again. Even the cracks which had dirt in they went away. I followed it with some Voodoo Leather Conditioner to protect it and couldn't be happier.

I know some wont go this route but I had no choice since nothing would get it out. Now I just need to know how to clean the set belts? Those look nasty now.
I use "TUFF Stuff" on my interior cloth parts. I gues it would work depending how dirty they where.

How about dying them it they are stained heavly>?

Quick Reply: Leather Conditioners.