Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

It's the Little Things...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default It's the Little Things...

... that make my car mine.

The newest little details that I've added are these...

Took a bit of reflective black vinyl and made little overlays for the GM Mark of Excellence or whatever they're called...
Oh, and you can see the bowtie overlays on the wheels that are also reflective in these pictures.

Without flash

With flash

One of these nights I'll go out and snap some night time shots.

Steering wheel overlay, exactly like the ones on the wheels. Used to have a brushed metal look alike overlay on there, think I like this one better.

Without flash

With flash

And finally something that's not vinyl...

I took out the center console to install this rocker switch, it's the power switch to turn on the amp powering my subs. Oh, while I had this out I was also able to fix my underglow, turns out the parking brake pedal had cut the wires so that was a simple fix.

And how the subs look now, the box took up all of my friend's Jetta (the one I bought the subs/amp/box from). Sometime this summer when I have a few days off in a row I plan on doing something else with them, most likely I'll turn them around and build some sort of shroud to hide the back end facing the trunk and some clear plexiglass and L.E.D.s to create something to look at when the back seats are down (and maybe removed eventually)

Old 05-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Default RE: It's the Little Things...

damn fine job garrett d00d

Old 05-24-2008, 07:03 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

wow garrett... you surely do take good care of your car.

btw, one of the little thing syou might wnat to do.. .that Wyoming winter wasn't nice to your wheel well. take the wheels off, get some tire foam and some good soap and celan it up (tire foam works good on that stuff actually). Make's it look a lot nice

but you did a great job, small touches like that really set you aside in the end.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:45 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Great work Garrett!

One question...

Does your leg get close enough to the switch to turn it off by accident?

Old 05-24-2008, 08:09 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Taz

Great work Garrett!

One question...

Does your leg get close enough to the switch to turn it off by accident?
WHAT I WAS THINKING ACTUALLY!!! LOL
forgot to post it though

Old 05-25-2008, 11:00 AM

ORIGINAL: God_Bot

... that make my car mine.

And how the subs look now, the box took up all of my friend's Jetta (the one I bought the subs/amp/box from). Sometime this summer when I have a few days off in a row I plan on doing something else with them, most likely I'll turn them around and build some sort of shroud to hide the back end facing the trunk and some clear plexiglass and L.E.D.s to create something to look at when the back seats are down (and maybe removed eventually)
I've got a ported box in my Monte too, it's actually almost identical to yours, mine has brushed aluminum end panels, but anyways, I had my box mounted in there like yours at first, then I turned it around and found that it sounded much better with the subs aiming into the cabin, especially with the backseat folded down.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:21 AM
rj
15 Year Member

I like the work you did.

Mind if I ask how the steering wheel overlay was done?

Old 05-28-2008, 11:08 PM

Thanks guys, actually that was the first thing I checked before I mounted that switch and it has several inches of clearance from my leg.

That's all I needed to hear 04MonteLS, I have tomorrow off and if I end up staying home my project will probably be to turn those around and hope I still have enough wire laying around.

As for the wheel wells Duane I plan on getting those taken care of once I get my new wheels in the next few weeks, or if I get the time it'll be the next wash. It's been almost a month since I washed the car and with getting just enough rain to play hell on my car with the dust around here it's been pretty nasty looking but working 12 hour shifts I don't really have anytime to wash it.

The overlay was easy, I had ordered the wheel bowtie overlays online from some site (can't remember the name right now, and I'd look it up but that'd take forever with this dial-up, if you look in the write up I did on repainting the bowties it's in there) Well the set came with five incase you messed up so I was nice and careful and saved the 5th one for the steering wheel, it's just a vinyl decal type deal.